Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection includes records of the Douglas County Genealogical Society in Kansas dating from its founding in 1975 to the early 2000s. The collection includes meeting minutes, financial records and treasurer's reports, and other administrative records for the organization. There are also a number of the organization's quarterly newsletters, "The Pioneer," including a small history of their logo and information on the numerous workshops and seminars they have held in Lawrence, KansasS.
The Douglas County Historical Society was organized in 1933 by a group headed by Professor F. N. Raymond of the University of Kansas. This collection consists of manuscript and printed materials from a variety of individuals, businesses, and organizations associated with the history of Douglas County, Kansas, from its territorial settlment period of the 1850s through much of the 20th century, deposited by the Douglas County Historical Society with the Spencer Research Library.
Names of electors in the six wards of Lawrence, Kan. for the April 5, 1887 election, the first election in which women could vote. Also lists number of votes each candidate received. Photocopy of records located at the Kansas State Historical Society.
This photocopied typescript is a 93-page account of an automobile trip to California by William L. Hastie and his wife Anna of Lawrence (Douglas County), Kansas. Hastie's account, which begins with their September 1937 departure and ends with their February 1938 return to Lawrence, includes details of visits with many family members and acquaintances along the way.
William Priestly and his wife, Ellen, settled in Lawrence, Kansas area in the early 1870s; together they had nine children. This collection contains family correspondence from 1890-1920, and some personal records, including Civil War quartermaster reports filed by William Priestly.
Includes biography of John Christie Archibald who was among the first party of settlers to arrive in Lawrence.
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- Genealogy 3
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 3
- Cemeteries -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Church buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Franklin (Kan.) -- History 1
- Kansas -- Genealogy 1
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 1
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 1
- Lawrence Massacre, Lawrence, Kan., 1863 1
- Local elections -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Parks -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Public schools -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Stony Point (Kan.) -- History 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Equipment and supplies 1
- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women -- Suffrage -- Kansas 1 ∧ less
- Archibald family 1
- Archibald, John Christie, 1812-1860 1
- Clason, Barbara E., 1916-1990 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Betty Washington Chapter (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Douglas County (Kan.). Clerk of Court 1
- Douglas County Historical Society (Douglas County, Kan.) 1
- Douglas County, Kansas, Genealogical Society 1
- Edwards, Charles L. (Charles Livingston), 1828-1916 1
- Grand Army of the Republic. Washington Post No. 12 (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Hastie family. 1
- Hastie, William L., 1865-1941 1
- Hasty family. 1
- Hemphill, Anne E. 1
- Old Settlers Association (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Priestly family. 1
- Priestly, William, 1827?-1898 1
- University of Kansas 1
- Wheeler, Joseph L., 1884-1970 1
- Whitcomb, Ansel H. 1 ∧ less