Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This paper was submitted to the Historic Preservation Seminar, Fall, 1973. It details a history of Old West Lawrence (bordered on the north by 6th Street, on the east by Tennessee, on the south by 9th Street and on the west by Illinois), the Old West Lawrence Association, and preservation of the area under the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966.
Publication of the Lawrence (Kansas) Preservation Alliance's Hobbs Park Memorial Fund, Can you guess who I am?
A publication of the Lawrence Preservation Alliance's Hobbs Park Memorial Fund (Lawrence, Kansas) enlisting support for preserving and relocating to Hobbs Park the city's historic Murphy-Bromelsick house. Content describes the life of early editor and publisher John Speer, whose homesite is near the proposed Hobbs Park location.
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 3
- Historic buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- Dwellings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Historic buildings 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Hobbs Park (Lawrence, Kan.) -- History 1
- Old West Lawrence Historic District (Lawrence, Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1 ∧ less
- Heider, Grace M. (Grace Moore) 1
- Horowitz, Floyd R. 1
- Lawrence Preservation Alliance. Hobbs Park Memorial Fund 1
- Motter, T. H. Vail, 1901-1970. 1
- Speer, John, 1817-1906 1