Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Two diaries handwritten by James Findley Harrison in the mid and late 1860s. They give descriptions of his travels and eventual settling in Linn County, Kansas.
Letter written by C.C. Andrews in Fort Leavenworth to his friend, William Pierce.
Letters of Forrest W. Bassett (Company A, 6th Field Battalion, U.S. Signal Corps), while in training at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
This collection consists of eighty-one letters and two postcards written from July 1917 to May 1918 by U.S. Army Signal Corpsman Forrest W. Bassett of Beloit, Wisconsin, while stationed at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Most of Bassett's letters are to Ava Marie Shaw of Beloit, to whom he writes of his affection and of his drills and training for World War I military service as a radio operator.
- Fort Leavenworth (Kan.) -- Description and travel 2
- Antislavery movements -- United States 1
- Diaries 1
- Farm life -- Kansas -- Linn County 1
- Kansas -- Description and travel 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1854-1861 1
- Kansas City (Mo.) -- Description and travel 1
- Lawrence (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Leavenworth (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Linn County (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Missouri -- Description and travel 1
- Springfield (Mo.) -- Description and travel 1
- Topeka (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American 1 ∧ less
- Andrews, C. C. 1
- Bassett, Ave Marie Shaw, 1903-1992 1
- Bassett, Forrest W., 1897-1985 1
- Harrison, James Findley, 1825-1907 1
- United States. Army. Field Signal Battalion, 6th. Company A 1