Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The Helen Sheumaker papers are those of an alumna of the University of Kansas. The collection includes documents submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Arts in the Department of American Studies, University of Kansas.
Reminiscences of early days in Nicodemus and Graham County, Kansas.
A manuscript for a planned publication on the history of Nicodemus, Kansas.
Nicodemus, Kansas was founded in 1877 by African Americans who migrated from the southern United States, primarily Kentucky and Tennessee, shortly after the Civil War. The town became an historical landmark in 1976. This collection is comprised of donations from the Nicodemus Historical Society, as well as other individual Nicodemus citizens and their families, and documents the town's history and legacy.
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Nicodemus -- History 4
- African Americans -- Kansas 2
- French-Canadians -- Kansas 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Kansas -- Graham County 1
- Historic sites -- Kansas -- Nicodemus 1
- Sod houses -- Kansas 1 ∧ less
- Alexander, A. Gillan 1
- Bates-Tompkins, Angela 1
- Brodhead, Michael J. 1
- Craig, Lulu Sadler, 1868-1972 1
- Hackenberg, Robert 1