Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Charles Anthony Heller, born in Vienna, Austria and later becoming an American citizen, worked extensively in petroleum economics and politics. The Heller collection is concerned primarily with his work in this field.
Hollis Dow Hedberg was a world famous geologist who would become Professor Emeritus at Princeton University. The majority of this collection relates to his work for the Gulf Oil Corporation in various capacities in Venezuela and later in their corporate offices.
Preston taught in the School of Engineering at the University of Kansas from 1955-1991. This collection contains research, class notes, papers, and materials relating to the American Petroleum Institute.
The Stanley Learned Collection includes twenty-six scrapbooks, dating from 1951 to 1968, of photographs, clippings, and other memorabilia which document Learned's leadership and service activities as an executive of the Phillips Petroleum Company of Bartlesville, Oklahoma. The collection also contains several works authored by Learned, including his student theses from the University of Kansas, certificates of honors awarded him by the University, and two souvenir medallions.
Printed stock form for the Cherokee Oil Mining and Milling Company, signed by F. P. Kaiser, secretary, and J. M. Piper, President.
A native of Phillipsburg, Kansas, Wallace Pratt (1885-1981) was a University of Kansas graduate who began his career in geology with the Kansas Geological Survey. Pratt went on to become a renowned petroleum geologist. This collection of his papers includes maps, photographic materials, and papers relating to geology and the American oil industry. Represented in the collection are companies such as Exxon, Standard Oil, and Conoco.
- Petroleum industry and trade 5
- Geology -- Research 2
- Bartlesville (Okla.) -- History 1
- Chemical engineering 1
- Law of the sea 1
- Mills and mill-work 1
- Mineral industries -- Finance 1
- Petroleum engineering 1
- Petroleum industry and trade -- United States -- History 1
- Stock certificates 1 ∧ less
- American Petroleum Institute 2
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists 1
- American Commission on Stratigraphic Nomenclature 1
- American Geological Institute 1
- Cherokee Oil, Mining and Milling Co. 1
- Conquistadores del Cielo 1
- Geological Society of America 1
- Gulf Oil Corporation 1
- Hedberg, Hollis Dow, 1903- 1
- Heller, Charles A., 1891-1986 1
- International Geoscience Programme 1
- International Union of Geological Sciences. Commission on Stratigraphy 1
- International Union of Geological Sciences. International Subcommission on Stratigraphic Classification 1
- Learned family. 1
- Learned, Edmund P. (Edmund Philip), 1900-1991 1
- Learned, Mary Helms, 1903-1984 1
- Learned, Stanley, 1902-1995 1
- National Academy of Sciences (U.S.) 1
- Phillips Petroleum Company 1
- Pratt, Wallace Everette, 1885-1981 1
- Preston, Floyd W., 1923- 1
- Princeton University. Deptartment of Geology 1
- Swain, R. M. 1
- United Nations. Economic Commission for Asia and the Far East 1
- University of Kansas 1
- University of Kansas. School of Engineering 1
- World Petroleum Congress 1 ∧ less
- French 2
- German 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2