Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection consists of a single photograph album with 31 photographic portraits of members of Delta Epsilon Gamma, mostly dating from 1869-1871. Many of the portraits have been identified, and photographers' information indicate the photographs were taken mostly in Missouri, including in Lebanon and Warrensburg.
The subjects of the photographs in this collection are identified predominately as Salina, Kansas residents. Some of the oversize prints are double-sided.
The Ladies of Lawrence presented this album to Edmund Gibson Ross, Commandant at Lawrence, for his action of closing the liquor shops in the town. The photographs are mounted four per page.
This collection of photographic materials relating to Lawrence, Kansas and its residents, businesses, buildings, and events spans the early 19th century through the late 20th century, therefore also spanning the history of photography itself. This is an artificial collection, meaning that the photographs herein come from a wide variety of sources and have been compiled by the Spencer Research Library into this single collection organized by subject matter.
Portraits of individuals taken by miscellaneous Kansas-based photographers in the late 19th century.
- Portrait photography 2
- Portrait photography -- Kansas -- 19th century -- Specimens 2
- African American arts 1
- African American women -- Kansas 1
- African Americans -- Vocational education -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- Children -- Portraits 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Biography -- Portraits 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Men -- Portraits 1
- Politicians -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Portrait photography -- Kansas 1
- Portrait photography -- Kansas -- 20th century -- Specimens 1
- Portrait photography -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Portrait photography -- Missouri -- 19th century -- Specimens 1
- Portrait photography -- Specimens 1
- Portraits 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Women -- Portraits 1 ∧ less
- Delta Epsilon Gamma 1
- Dixon, Fannie Mae 1
- Kansas Vocational School 1
- Ladies of Lawrence (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Magerkurth, Frederick O. 1