Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This is the committee's recommendations to the county commissioners for action. The report is written by T. B. Smith, County Clerk.
The Douglas County Community Improvement Association, popularly known as Penn House due to its location in Lawrence, Kansas, is concerned with developing resources for low-income families. This collection of organizational records includes correspondence, board meeting minutes, financial records, information about service activities, and other office files from the organization's founding in 1969 through its operation into the 1990s.
This collection contains miscellaneous letters, tables and articles pertaining to Kansas population statistics, dating from 1939-1962.
Newspaper clippings, photographs, and correspondence regarding Penn House, a community assistance program located in Lawrence Kansas, predominately from the 1970s. Many items are undated.
A paper written by Margaret Wedge in December 1978 concerning Penn House, an assistance program serving low-income persons in Lawrence, Kansas. The paper covers the history, source of funding, organizational make-up, programs, and activities of Penn House.
The Sprague family papers are those of Kansas residents Donald and Lois Sprague. While Donald Sprague was a Baptist minister, Lois Sprague was the long time executive director of Leavenworth's Neighborhood House.
This typescript paper relates citizen reaction to the reduction in welfare grants and the formation of the Emergency Service Council in Lawrence, Kansas during the early 1970s. It includes information regarding subsequent efforts of that organization to meet physical needs of welfare recipients, to bring the crisis to the attention of the public, and to influence legislation and funding on a more comprehensive basis. Includes appendix.
The collection contains a scrapbook of newspaper clippings relating to the history of Pawnee and Stafford Counties. Most of the clippings are of, "This Kansas column," which was written by Baker. The dated articles are from the early 1940's. The collection also contains an early history of Larned State Hospital, Larned, Kansas.
- Public welfare -- Kansas -- Lawrence 4
- Public welfare -- Kansas 3
- Social service -- Kansas -- Lawrence 3
- Community development -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- Public welfare -- Kansas -- Douglas County 2
- African American Baptists -- Kansas -- Leavenworth 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Community centers -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- Genealogy 1
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Hesper (Kan.) -- History 1
- Hospitals -- Kansas -- Larned 1
- Human services -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Kansas -- Population 1
- Kansas -- Statistics, Vital 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Social conditions 1
- Lawrence Massacre, Lawrence, Kan., 1863 1
- Local government -- Kansas -- Douglas County -- Records and correspondence 1
- Pawnee County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Poor -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Public welfare -- Kansas -- Leavenworth County 1
- Schools -- Kansas -- Douglas County -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Kansas -- History 1
- Stafford County (Kan.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- Penn House (Lawrence, Kan.) 2
- Baker, Hazel Bennett 1
- Council of Social Agencies (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Davis family. 1
- Davis, Emma Stubbs, 1885-1942 1
- Davis, Samuel Hunt, 1848-1938 1
- Doerr, A. A. 1
- Douglas County (Kan.). Board of County Commissioners 1
- Douglas County (Kan.). Commissioner for the Poor 1
- Douglas County (Kan.). Committee on Relief 1
- Douglas County Community Improvement Association (Douglas County, Kan.) 1
- Emergency Service Council (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- First Missionary Baptist Church (Leavenworth, Kan.) 1
- Friends University (Wichita Kan.) 1
- Frizell, E. E. 1
- Hesper Academy (Hesper, Kan.) 1
- Hines, Sue 1
- Kansas. Council on Developmental Disabilities 1
- Kansas. Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services 1
- Larned State Hospital (Kan.) 1
- Lindas, L. 1
- Neighborhood House (Leavenworth, Kan.) 1
- Smith, T. B., active 1874 1
- Sprague, Donald A. 1
- Sprague, Lois 1
- Stubbs family. 1
- Watson, Mildred Davis 1
- Wedge, Margaret 1
- Zingg, Elaine Oser 1 ∧ less