Showing Collections: 1 - 24 of 24
Collection comprising typescript draft (with manuscript corrections) for Algys Budrys's science-fiction novel Who?; two printed editions of the novel; and the painting by Kelly Freas that inspired Budrys's short story "Who?", which Budrys later expanded into a novel.
Brain Wilson Aldiss is a British author best known for his science fiction novels and criticism. This collection includes letters, drafts, and other papers representing all stages of preparation for his Helliconia trilogy. The collection is organized to show how the Helliconia project evolved, from early planning and research to publication and reception.
This collection consists of papers created by the illustrator and science fiction, fantasy, and horror writer Carl Sherrell, including draft materials, manuscript and printed copies of published and unpublished works, correspondence with writers and publishers, reference material, publications by Sherrell's associates, and other materials associated with his writing and illustration career.
In 1959, Robert Park Mills founded the Robert Mills Literary Agency. Mills worked full time as an agent, representing a wide variety of science fiction writers. In 1984, Robert Mills retired and sold the agency to Richard Curtis Associates. This collection contains correspondence, book agreements, and royalty contracts between the Robert Mills Literary Agency and authors.
Avid science fiction writer and fan Donald A. Wollheim (1914-1990) was the founding editor-in-chief of Ace Books and editor-in-chief for Avon Books. He founded the family owned and operated DAW Books, the only paperback house devoted entirely to science fiction and fantasy. This collection reflects his writing and publishing activities, and includes correspondence, manuscripts, editor's proofs, and books from his library.
Donald Moffitt was an author whose writing career spanned the late 1950s through the 2010s. Best-known for works of science fiction, his writing spanned a variety of genres, including pulp, mysteries, and espionage and historical fiction. His papers provide valuable insight into his life and creative process through a comprehensive collection of his manuscripts, both published and unpublished, in addition to select correspondence and other personal materials.
Photocopies of unpublished works of science-fiction and poetical drama, and of a history of the philosophy of mathematics. The manuscripts are largely typescripts, with manuscript annotations and additions. They are essentially in the order in which received.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania native Harry Altshuler (1912-1990) was a journalist, literary agent, and author. This collection of his papers reflects his years as a literary agent, containing numerous tearsheets of stories sold by Altshuler, as well as his business correspondence with authors and literary representatives.
This collection contains stories written by Homer Eon Flint, both in published form and as draft submissions to his editors; professional correspondence; personal photographs; financial records; notes and sketches of Flint's inventions; as well as writings about Flint.
John C. Tibbetts, Associate Professor of Film and Media Studies at the University Kansas, worked as a professional broadcaster of arts and entertainment news. This collection consists largely of transcripts and recordings of interviews conducted by Tibbetts with notable figures in the fields of film, classical music, and literature. The collection also contains sound recordings of radio programs and video recordings of television programs produced and/or hosted by Tibbetts.
John Kessel is a Nebula Award-winning science fiction and fantasy writer based in North Carolina. His papers span his writing career and include materials relating to his publications in a variety of formats, as well as correspondence with other prominent science fiction and fantasy writers.
A collection of science-fiction writer Lloyd Biggle's archives: notes, drafts, corrected proofs, correspondence with his publisher, and materials related to the Science Fiction Writers of America (SFWA) and Science Fiction Research Association (SFRA).
Boulder, Colorado resident Martha "Ricky" Weiser knew Science Fiction writer Theodore Sturgeon from the 1940s until his death in 1985. Included in the collection are letters from Sturgeon to Weiser, three of Sturgeon's diary entries that were included in letters to Weiser, and a manuscript of Sturgeon's award winning short story, "Bianca's Hands," complete with a poem for Weiser on the final page.
Papers of science fiction writer Mary Rosenblum (1952-2018), who also published mysteries under her birth name, Mary Freeman. The collection contains typescript drafts and proofs (frequently annotated), correspondence related to publications, reviews/publicity clippings, contracts, and periodicals containing contributions by Rosenblum/Freeman.
Lansing, Michigan native Joan Hunter Holly (1932-1982) was a science fiction writer. This collection of papers reflects her service in the Science Fiction Writers of America (SFWA) and recount her career as a writer through correspondence, fan letters, story ideas, and drafts of published and unpublished writings.
American science fiction writer and critic P. Schuyler Miller (1912-1974) wrote book reviews for Astounding Science Fiction magazine and then its successor, Analog. This collection reflects his work as a book reviewer and is primarily made up of letters from science fiction readers. It also includes business correspondence between Miller and other writers.
American science fiction author Theodore Sturgeon (1918-1985) was considered an innovator of the genre and one of the first real stylists. This collection reflects his career as a writer and contains manuscripts of both short stories and novels. It also includes correspondence between Sturgeon and other authors.
The papers of Russell Randolph Hays, a graduate of the University of Kansas, reflect his wide-ranging careers as a writer, inventor, ceramicist, oilman, farmer, environmentalist, and one-time professional wrestler. Included are his writings as a published author of pulp westerns and science fiction, his many research papers and patents as an inventor of helicopter rotors and hydraulic devices, and his photographs of native plants that he propagated on his Douglas County, Kansas farm.
Stanley Schmidt is a science fiction writer and long-time editor of the science fiction periodical Analog. This collection includes typescripts of short stories, novellas, novels, editorials, and non-fiction articles written by Schmidt.
This collection comprises materials related to Theodore Sturgeon's third collection of short stories and novelettes, A Way Home, edited by Groff Conklin and published in 1955 by Funk & Wagnalls. Materials in the collection include corrected texts of stories and novelettes, uncorrected galley proofs, and a first edition copy of the publication.
This collection consists of a photocopy typescript of science fiction writer Larry Niven's novel, Destiny's Road. Typescript is dated Sep 24, 1996 and is approximately 599 numbered pages, which have been divided out into folders. The title page notes that it is care of Eleanor Wood, Spectrum Literary Agency, 111 Eighth Ave, #1501, New York, NY 10011.
- Science fiction 13
- Science fiction -- Authorship 8
- Science fiction, American 8
- Fantasy fiction 4
- Pulp literature, American 2
- Actors -- Interviews 1
- Asian Americans in popular culture 1
- Authors -- Interviews 1
- Black Jack (Kan.) -- History 1
- Counterculture 1
- Detective and mystery stories 1
- Helicopters -- Patents 1
- Horror tales 1
- Literary agents -- United States 1
- Literature publishing 1
- Mathematics -- Philosophy 1
- Mathematics in literature 1
- Motion picture producers and directors -- Interviews 1
- Motion pictures 1
- Music 1
- Musicians -- Interviews 1
- Oil well drilling -- Equipment and supplies -- Patents 1
- Prairie plants -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Rotors (Helicopters) -- Testing 1
- Science fiction -- Stories, plots, etc. 1
- Star trek (Television program) 1
- Western stories 1
- Wild flowers -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1 ∧ less
- Sturgeon, Theodore 5
- Biggle, Lloyd, Jr., 1923-2002 3
- Kessel, John 2
- Ace Books 1
- Akers, Alan Burt 1
- Aldiss, Brian W. (Brian Wilson), 1925- 1
- Altshuler, Harry, 1912-1990 1
- Amgott, Milton, 1918-2000 1
- Asimov, Isaac, 1920-1992. 1
- Attanasio, A. A., 1951- 1
- Aycock, Roger D. 1
- Bagai, Jeremy Paul 1
- Bagai, Judith Eisenstein. 1
- Bayley, Barrington J. 1
- Bell, Eric Temple, 1883-1960 1
- Benford, Gregory, 1941- 1
- Berdeshevsky, Margo 1
- Bischoff, David, 1951- 1
- Bloch, Robert, 1917-1994 1
- Bradbury, Ray, 1920-2012. 1
- Brumel, Antoine, approximately 1460-approximately 1515 1
- Budrys, Algis, 1931-2008 1
- Chalker, Jack L. 1
- Chandler, A. Bertram (Arthur Bertram), 1912-1984 1
- Cherryh, C. J. 1
- Conklin, Groff, 1904-1968 1
- DAW Books Inc 1
- DeVore, Howard 1
- Dell Publishing Company 1
- Duke, Osborn, 1924-1999 1
- Farnham, Alice Drayton, 1906-1974 1
- Flint, Homer Eon, 1889-1924 1
- Freas, Kelly 1
- Freeman, Mary, 1952- 1
- Goulart, Ron, 1933- 1
- Grant, Charles L. 1
- Gregory, Franklin, 1905-1980 1
- Grinnell, David, 1914-1990 1
- Harlequin Enterprises 1
- Hayes family. 1
- Hays family. 1
- Hays, Russell Randolph, 1904-1989 1
- Heinlein, Robert A. (Robert Anson), 1907-1988 1
- Holly, Charles T. 1
- Holly, J. Hunter, 1932-1982 1
- Hubbard, L. Ron (La Fayette Ron), 1911-1986 1
- Larkin, Joan 1
- Lee, Tanith 1
- Llull, Ramon, 1232?-1316 1
- Lord, Sterling, 1920- 1
- McCauley, Kirby 1
- McMillan, Dennis 1
- Miller, P. Schuyler (Peter Schuyler), 1912-1974 1
- Mills, Robert P. (Robert Park), 1920-1986 1
- Moffitt, Donald 1
- Munn, Vella 1
- Niven, Larry 1
- Norton, Andre 1
- Nourse, Alan E. (Alan Edward), 1928-1992 1
- Offutt, Andrew J. 1
- Outlaw, Louise 1
- Pautz, Peter D. 1
- Pournelle, Jerry, 1933-2017 1
- Robert Mills Literary Agency 1
- Rosenblum, Mary 1
- Schmidt, Stanley 1
- Schumann, Robert, 1810-1856 1
- Science Fiction Writers of America 1
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America 1
- Shasta Publishers 1
- Sheckley, Robert, 1928-2005 1
- Sherrell, Carl, 1929-1990 1
- Silhouette Books 1
- Stableford, Brian M. 1
- Sturgeon family 1
- Sturgeon, Christine Hamilton Dicker, 1897-1963 1
- Sturgeon, Marion 1
- Sturgeon, Noël 1
- Sturgeon, Peter A., 1916-2005 1
- Tannehill, Jayne 1
- Theodore Sturgeon Literary Trust 1
- Tibbetts, John C. 1
- Toman, M. D. (Michael D.) 1
- Tubb, E. C. 1
- Weiser, Ricky, 1924-2002 1
- Williamson, Jack, 1908-2006 1
- Wollheim, Donald A. 1
- Wu, William F. , 1951- 1
- Yarbro, Chelsea Quinn, 1942- 1 ∧ less
- Bosnian 1
- Chinese 1
- Czech 1
- German 1
- Italian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1 ∧ less