Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Collection of 72 separately written accounts of Parliamentary debates, political law-cases, diplomatic correspondence, etc., bound together in two volumes. Most (perhaps all) are near-contemporary copies of the originals.
This collection consists of three brief essays, separately bound, on the Bank of England and its power to issue Scottish notes. The items were collected by C.V. Gerritsen. One essay, "Capital and Currency: Leading Positions," was written by one individual; the other two essays regarding advantages and privileges of the Bank of England, were written by a different unidentified author.
A collection of books and manuscripts relating to the Fletcher of Saltoun Family, most of which have come from Saltoun Hall. Salton (Saitoun) is an estate east of Edinburgh, Scotland, in East Lothian (Haddington). The manuscripts are mostly estate account-books (1750-1806 and undated) but also include notes on agriculture (18th century), common-place books in English and Latin (18th century), and a paraphrase of the Corpus Iuris Civilis (1600s?).
Collection of 23 letters and 6 miscellaneous documents: business, family, estate, and other topics, from a merchant and his connections, situated in London, England during the latter half of the 17th century.
This collection consists of a printed almanac for Scotland from the year 1766, with handwritten notes about estate business (Castle Meggernie?) and visits in Perthshire, Scotland, by an unknown author.
This collection consists of a partial archives of the London firm of Spottiswoode & Robertson: solicitors, conveyancers, Scottish law agents, and Parliamentary agents.
This collection consists of correspondence from Scottish religious leader Thomas Chalmers (1780-1847), collected from various sources by Spencer Research Library staff.
- Scotland 2
- Administration of estates -- England -- Early works to 1800 -- Sources 1
- Almanacs, Scottish -- Specimens 1
- Autographs -- Collections 1
- Bank notes -- Scotland 1
- Burntisland (Scotland) 1
- Derbyshire (England) -- History -- Sources 1
- East Anglia (England) 1
- England 1
- France 1
- Great Britain -- History -- Sources 1
- Harbors -- Great Britain 1
- Law firms -- England -- Records and correspondence 1
- London (England) 1
- Perthshire (Scotland) 1
- Saltoun (Scotland) 1
- Scotland -- Economic conditions 1
- Scotland -- History -- Sources 1
- Theology -- Study and teaching -- Scotland 1 ∧ less
- Albrecht, William Price, 1907-1986 1
- Bank of England 1
- Chalmers, Thomas, 1780-1847 1
- Charles I, King of England, 1600-1649 1
- Davies, Nathaniel 1
- Elizabeth, Queen of England, I, 1533-1603 1
- Fletcher (Family : active 17th century-19th century : Fletcher, Andrew, 1655-1716 : Saltoun, Scotland) 1
- Fletcher, Andrew, 1722-1779 1
- Fletcher, Henry, -1803 1
- Gerritsen, C. V. (Carel Victor), 1850-1905 1
- Great Britain. Parliament 1
- Harper, George, active 1642-1683 1
- Harper, John, active 1642-1683 1
- James I, King of England, 1566-1625 1
- Pengelly, Thomas, active 1642-1683 1
- Robertson, David (Solicitor) 1
- Shales, Philip 1
- Spottiswoode & Robertson 1
- Spottiswoode, John 1 ∧ less
- Latin 3
- French 1
- Scots 1