Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The Douglas County Community Improvement Association, popularly known as Penn House due to its location in Lawrence, Kansas, is concerned with developing resources for low-income families. This collection of organizational records includes correspondence, board meeting minutes, financial records, information about service activities, and other office files from the organization's founding in 1969 through its operation into the 1990s.
Newspaper clippings, photographs, and correspondence regarding Penn House, a community assistance program located in Lawrence Kansas, predominately from the 1970s. Many items are undated.
This typescript paper relates citizen reaction to the reduction in welfare grants and the formation of the Emergency Service Council in Lawrence, Kansas during the early 1970s. It includes information regarding subsequent efforts of that organization to meet physical needs of welfare recipients, to bring the crisis to the attention of the public, and to influence legislation and funding on a more comprehensive basis. Includes appendix.
- Community development -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- Community centers -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Douglas County Community Improvement Association (Douglas County, Kan.) 1
- Emergency Service Council (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Hines, Sue 1
- Kansas. Council on Developmental Disabilities 1
- Kansas. Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services 1