Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The collection contains records, papers and photographs of Weltmer's military and business careers, along with family papers and memorabilia. Over the years, Weltmer kept copies of war correspondence and journals of the 137th Infantry and later the 130th Field Artillery activities. These records are a part of the collection. For additional photographs from the Henry J. Weltmer collection, see RH Ms-P23.
The James P. Meigs, Jr. papers are those of a long time Junction City, Kansas resident who served in the U.S. Army for 30 years. They date from 1940 to 1967 and consist of certificates and discharge papers, all of which are photocopies. The collection also includes photographs, which are located at RH MS-P P837 and RH MS-P P837(f).
This biographical account of John H. Medley, a buffalo soldier stationed at forts in Kansas and Indian Territories during the 1860s, was prepared by Amanda Ebert, a Paxico, Kansas elementary school student.
The Kansas U.S.O. Event Photographs depict a dinner and a dance in approximately the 1940s in two black and white silver gelatin photographic prints.
- African American soldiers -- Kansas 3
- African American soldiers -- Oklahoma 1
- Armories -- Kansas -- Hiawatha 1
- Camp Joseph T. Robinson (Ark.) 1
- Civil service -- Kansas 1
- Hiawatha (Kan.) -- Description and travel 1
- Horton (Kan.) 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government 1
- Sabetha (Kan.) 1
- Soldiers -- Kansas 1
- Troy (Kan.) 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 1 ∧ less
- United States. Army 3
- Ebert, Amanda (Resident of Paxico, Kan.) 1
- Galbraith family 1
- Hall, Frederick Lee, 1916-1970 1
- Hiawatha Daily World (Newspaper) 1
- Kansas Democrat (Newspaper) 1
- Kansas. Militia 1
- Medley, John H. 1
- Meigs, James P., 1918-2006 1
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 1
- United States. Army. Division, 35th 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 137th 1
- Weltmer family 1
- Weltmer, Henry John, 1887-1956 1
- Wolfe Commercial Photo Service 1 ∧ less