Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection of speeches, correspondence, pamphlets, clippings, audiovisual material, and miscellaneous memorabilia was collected by historian Donald R. McCoy as a result of his research for the biography Landon of Kansas.
Alfred Mossman Landon, 1887-1987, a prominent Kansas Republican, served as Governor of Kansas from 1933-1937 and ran an unsuccessful campaign for the United States presidency in 1936. This collection includes audiotapes and transcripts of interviews with Governor Landon by Donald R. McCoy and Louis George Griffin from 1975-1976.
The papers of Harry Hines Woodring span the years 1893 to 1967, with the bulk of the material falling within the years 1930 to 1940. The collection consists of genealogical records, personal and official correspondence, speeches, reports, photographs, newspaper clippings, and a variety of miscellaneous material.
Donald McCoy taught in the Department of History at the University of Kansas from 1957-1995. This collection contains correspondence, subject correspondence, reports, manuscripts, and research conducted by McCoy during his tenure at KU.
Wilson has taught in the Department of History at the University of Kansas since 1966. This collection consists of correspondence, manuscripts, reference materials, and other materials related to Wilson's career and research interests.
These broadcast sound recordings were collected by the news staff of Wren Radio. Each recording was either produced or acquired by Wren because the subject of the recording is Alfred M. Landon, president of Wren Broadcasting Company and 1936 Republican presidential candidate.
War comes to the U.S.: The First 30 Hours as Reported to the Time-Life-Fortune News Bureau from the U.S. and Abroad
- United States -- History -- 1945- 5
- Kansas -- Politics and government 2
- Campaign literature -- Kansas 1
- Elections -- United States 1
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1936 1
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1945-1989 1
- United States -- History, Military -- 20th century 1
- United States -- Politics and government 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- Landon, Alfred M. (Alfred Mossman), 1887-1987 3
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 3
- McCoy, Donald R. 2
- Griffin, George (Louis George) 1
- Republican Party (Kan.) 1