Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This Civil War letter from Union Army Private J. [Joseph] E. McReynolds, serving in Company C of Iowa's 18th Infantry Regiment, is written from Clarksville, Arkansas to his parents, living in Ringgold County, Iowa. McReynolds comments on the welfare of other family members serving in Company C, the prevalence of bushwhackers in his vicinity, and his desire to purchase certain real estate from his parents when mustered out of service.
Letters received chiefly from Civil War soldier Randolph Sry in Company G of the 4th Iowa Infantry Regiment
A collection of five letters, dated 1863 to 1865, written to Ith S. Beall of Ringgold County, Iowa. Four of the letters are from Beall's associate and fellow Ringgold County resident Randolph Sry, serving in Company G of the Civil War's 4th Iowa Infantry Regiment. Sry writes from Louisiana, Alabama, and South Carolina.
- Iowa -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Iowa -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 1
- Ringgold County (Iowa) -- History 1
- Ringgold County (Iowa) -- History -- Sources 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Beall, Ith S., 1829?-1876 1
- McReynolds, George Washington, 1812-1894 1
- McReynolds, Joseph E., 1843-1931 1
- Sry, Randolph, 1831- 1
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 18th (1861-1865). Company C 1