Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Invitation to a book party celebrating the publication of Alice Walker's collection of short stories, You Can't Keep a Good Woman Down, at the Women's Building in San Francisco, California.
This bound scrapbook contains news clippings and tearsheets of published articles and short stories by Kansas poet and author Florence L. Snow. The scrapbook, compiled by the author, includes manuscript segments of her writings. Housed separately are two photographs--one of Miss Snow at her Lawrence, Kansas home, and one of the home of her sister Ella Snow (Mrs. W. W.) Sain at Neosho Falls, Kansas.
Letter from the American author to the publisher "Dear Mr Stone," of Chicago, probably Herbert Stuart Stone (1871-1915). H.S. Stone & Co. (Chicago & NY) published her The Awakening in 1899.
This bibliographical checklist covers the years 1924-1974 and was prepared by her daughter, likely in Columbus, Ohio in 1976.
This collection contains correspondence with Helen Rhoda Hoopes, a University of Kansas professor in English and poet, as well as the first woman student editor of the University Daily Kansan; newspaper clippings; photographs; scrapbooks; and other related materials.
Hoopes taught rhetoric and English at the University of Kansas from 1914-1947. This collection contains scrapbooks, poetry, clippings, correspondence and a copy of her graduate thesis.
This collection consists of 2 letters by English Romantic poet Robert Southey (1774-1843), collected from various sources by Spencer Research Library staff.
- Women authors 3
- Women authors, American -- Kansas 3
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence 2
- Women newspaper editors -- Kansas 2
- African American women authors 1
- American poetry -- Women authors -- 19th century 1
- Authors -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, English -- 19th century 1
- Authors, English -- 19th century -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century 1
- English literature -- 19th century 1
- Invitation cards -- California -- San Francisco -- Specimens 1
- Literary agents -- England 1
- Poets, American -- Kansas 1
- University Daily Kansan 1
- Women -- Education (Higher) -- United States 1
- Women authors, American 1
- Women journalists 1
- Women poets 1 ∧ less
- Hoopes, Helen Rhoda, 1878-1973 2
- Baker, Gladys (Beatrice Gladys), 1906-2001 1
- Brooks, Maria Gowen, 1794 or 1795-1845 1
- Chopin, Kate, 1850-1904 1
- Fane, Violet, 1843-1905 1