Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
The Brydie R. Alsbrook papers are those of a native Kansas City, Kansan who worked as an educator for many years and was active in the community, especially at Church of the Ascension.
This collection includes a history of the Stegeman family beginning with the arrival of William C. Stegeman in America in 1869, as written by Dorothy Springer. Stegeman was Springer's maternal grandfather. The collection also includes Springer's collected photographs of family, friends, and teachers in Abilene and Salina, Kansas.
Copies of photographs of Emma Berg's teaching experiences at the Vinland School District 49 in Douglas County, Kansas from 1928 to 1931 and in the 1950s, including photographs of the 75th anniversary celebration in Lawrence in 1929, other teachers and administrative staff at education conferences and district meetings circa 1950-1954, and the Douglas County Youth Orchestra circa 1955.
This collection contains minutes, scrapbooks, and directories of the Lawrence, Kansas chapters (the Nu Conclave and the Rho Conclave) of Kappa Kappa Iota, a national sorority for women teachers. Also included are directories issued by Kappa Kappa Iota's Kansas Conclave (Gamma State), listing all Kansas chapters of the sorority.
The papers of Laurenia Kiser are those of a Kansas native who taught for over twenty years and was highly active in Alpha Kappa Alpha.
This collection includes the personal and professional papers of Mary Elsie (Rose) Kirby, a school teacher and administrator who lived in several areas of Kansas throughout her life. The collection also includes some family photographs and papers.
This collection includes professional and some personal papers of African American Lillian T. Orme, a Kansas City community member who became an honored leader in elementary school education.
Louise Dutcher Johnson taught school in El Dorado, Butler County, Kansas during the 1930s. This collection of her papers includes lesson plans and school bulletins from the late 1920s through the mid 1930s, as well as personal notebooks and Bible study notes from the 1950s-1960s.
The Selola Lewis papers are those of a teacher who worked at Dermot School, the last one-room school in Kansas.
This collection contains the family papers of the Stewart family of Leavenworth, Kansas, and the Lockwood family of Baldwin, Kansas, covering a period of almost one hundred years, 1852-1950. These families were predominantly professionally oriented, including teachers, ministers, and farmers.
- Teachers -- Kansas 2
- Women teachers 2
- Women teachers -- Kansas 2
- African American educators 1
- African American educators -- Kansas 1
- African American educators -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- African American school administrators -- Missouri -- Kansas City 1
- African American women teachers 1
- African American women teachers -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- African American women teachers -- Middle West 1
- Baldwin City (Kan.) -- History 1
- Education, Rural -- Kansas -- Morton County 1
- El Dorado (Kan.) 1
- Elementary school principals -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- Elementary school principals -- Missouri -- Kansas City 1
- Farmers -- Kansas -- Correspondence 1
- Farmers' spouses 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Kansas 1
- Land settlement -- Kansas 1
- Leavenworth County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Rural schools -- Kansas -- Morton County 1
- School administrators -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- School boards -- Kansas 1
- School districts -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Women teachers -- Kansas -- Douglas County -- Photographs 1
- Women teachers -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Archival resources 1
- Women teachers -- Kansas -- Morton County 1
- Women teachers -- Kansas -- Salina 1 ∧ less
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority 1
- Alsbrook, Brydie R., 1914?-2007 1
- Berg, Emma, 1905-2007 1
- Church of the Ascension (Kansas City, Kan.) 1
- Dermot School (Morton County, Kan.) (Morton County, Kan.) 1
- Johnson, Louise Dutcher 1
- Kansas Collection 1
- Kansas Committee for the Humanities 1
- Kappa Kappa Iota. Gamma State Conclave (Kan.) 1
- Kappa Kappa Iota. Nu Conclave (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Kappa Kappa Iota. Rho Conclave (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Kirby family 1
- Kirby, Mary Elsie Rose, 1892-1978 1
- Kiser, Laurenia, 1898-1991 1
- Lewis, Selola B., 1927? 1
- Lockwood (Family : Kansas, 1850-1950) 1
- Lockwood, Allen Thomas Stewart, 1892- 1
- Lockwood, Anson Ovid, 1855-1933 1
- Lockwood, Nora Dormer Stewart, 1864-1942 1
- Lockwood, Ruth Anne, 1899- 1
- Orme, Lillian, 1911-1993 1
- Rose family 1
- Springer, Dorothy M. 1
- Stegeman family 1
- Stewart (Family : Kansas, 1850-1950) 1
- Stewart, Mary Jane Miller 1
- Stewart, Thomas 1
- Teeters, Joseph L. 1
- Theta Sigma Epsilon 1 ∧ less