Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Mounted newspaper clippings for chapters 1-12 of article entitled, "Historical Huron Cemetery," written by Grant W. Harrington for the Kansas City Kansan.
The documents in this collection concern the Wyandot tribe who departed Ohio in 1843, relocating in what became Kansas Territory. Most of the collection consists of letters to and from prominent members of the Wyandots who relocated from Ohio, including William Walker, Jr., his brother Joel, John W. Grey Eyes, and Wyandot Indian Agent John Johnston.
This article relates the settlement of the Wyandott Indians near Quindaro (now Kansas City, Kansas), 1843, and incidents of early white settlers in the area from 1843 to 1856. It was written by Lucy B. Armstrong, and compiled and edited by Edward Bumgardner in 1947.
Correspondence, research notes, interviews, manuscript drafts, and photographs, covering the years 1883-1914, from a Kansas historian.
- Wyandot Indians 2
- Wyandot Indians -- Kansas 2
- Cemeteries -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- Courts -- Kansas 1
- Delaware Indians -- Kansas 1
- Indians of North America -- Religion 1
- Indians of North America -- Treaties 1
- Kansas -- History -- Historiography 1
- Kansas City (Kan.) -- History 1
- Wyandot Indians -- Legal status, laws, etc. 1
- Wyandot Indians -- Ohio 1
- Wyandot Indians -- Relocation 1
- Wyandotte County (Kan.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- Walker family 2
- Armstrong, Lucy Bigelow 1
- Bumgardner, Edward, 1865- 1
- Connelley, William Elsey, 1855-1930 1
- Garrad, Charles, active 1883-1914 1