Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Call Number: MS 64
Overview Correspondence, notes on law and history, financial records, and scrapbooks, etc., belonging to Ernesto Alvarado García (1904-1972) of Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
Dates: 1939 - 1966
Call Number: RH MS 1420
Overview This collection consists of correspondence, photographs, and other miscellaneous materials from the Hungate family, particularly Dr. Carroll Paul Hungate and his immediate family during the end of World War II when he was stationed in Rio de Janerio, Brazil. There is also a small amount of material, including a scrapbook, from Ida (Devaney) Patterson, Hungate's mother-in-law, and her family.
Dates: circa 1860-1965 (bulk 1920s-1948)
Call Number: MS 322
Overview This collection includes the correspondence between A. E. van Vogt and his publishers, a copy of the manuscript, “The Anarchist Colossus”, and signed published books under the same title.
Dates: 1953 - 1984
Call Number: PP 450
Overview Charles D. Michener served as Professor of Entomology at the University of Kansas from 1948 until 1989, when he achieved Emeritus status. This collection consists primarily of correspondence reflecting Michener's research interests, as well as his activities in related professional organizations.
Dates: 1935 - 2006
Call Number: PP 418
Overview Philip S. Humphrey joined the faculty at the University of Kansas as the Director of the Natural History Museum in 1967. As Director, Humphrey oversaw two expansions of the Natural History Museum (Dyche Hall). The collection includes correspondence, research data, reports, journals, and manuscripts.
Dates: 1955 - 1996
Call Number: MS Q79
Overview Scrapbook, with additional loosely inserted materials, concerning the assumption of the Paraguayan presidency by Andrés Rodríguez in 1989, replacing longtime President Alfredo Stroessner. Consists of newspapers from Asunción, Paraguay; Brazil; and eleven periodical photocopies from the United States of America.
Dates: February 3, 1989-June 1989
Call Number: PP 563
Overview William H. Brow served twice as the in-country Director of the University of Kansas Study Abroad program in Costa Rica. Fluent in both Spanish and Portuguese, he also worked as a literary translator. The collection contains translations of manuscripts for two books originally published in Latin America and correspondence for KU’s Study Abroad spring 1976 season.
Dates: 1975 - 1997
- Bees -- Classification 1
- Carnival -- Brazil -- Rio de Janeiro 1
- Ornithology 1
- Paraguay -- History -- Coup d'état, 1989 1
- Paraguay -- Politics and government -- 1989- 1
- Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) -- Pictorial works 1
- South America 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Brazil 1
- Zoology -- Research 1 ∧ less
- Alvarado García, Ernesto 1
- Argueta, Manlio, 1935- 1
- Boal, Augusto 1
- Brow, William H., 1937- 1
- Bushell, Dan 1
- Bushell, Sherrill 1
- Humphrey, Philip S. (Philip Strong), 1926-2009 1
- Hungate family 1
- Hungate, Carroll P., 1904- 1
- Hungate, Mary Agnes, 1905-1996 1
- Michener, Charles Duncan, 1918- 1
- Rodríguez, Ándrés, 1923-1997 1
- Smithsonian Institution 1
- Stroessner, Alfredo, 1912-2006 1
- University of Kansas. Department of Entomology 1
- University of Kansas. Museum of Natural History 1
- Van Vogt, A. E. (Alfred Elton), 1912-2000 1 ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- French 3
- German 2