Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Call Number: RH MS P475
Overview This collection contains many theatre programs from live 19th century performances in downtown Lawrence, Kansas, and also a related 1905-1911 bank book. Sixty-five programs dated 1915 to 1925 are from Lawrence's Bowersock Opera House, which later became Bowersock Theatere. An 1890 program is from its predecessor, Liberty Hall.
Dates: 1890 - 1928
Call Number: RH MS 47
Overview George C. Angle, a Republican politician from Bainesville, Kansas, was active as precinct organizer and minor political functionary in the Kansas Republican party. The collection contains correspondence, lists of voters, clippings, minutes of local political conventions, and similar materials.
Dates: 1874 - 1906
Call Number: RH MS 50
Overview This collection includes records of Justin Bowersock's personal business and professional business not related to the Lawrence Paper Company or the Bowersock Mill. It includes a bank book dating from 1912 and business papers, primarily correspondence, dating from 1860-1922.
Dates: 1860 - 1918
Call Number: RH MS P761
Overview This collection contains property deeds and mortgage releases from Lawrence, Kansas from the late 1800s-early 1900s.
Dates: 1880, 1907-1911
Call Number: RH MS P803
Overview This small collection purportedly relates to early Lawrence, Kansas resident Mary S. (Mrs. Oscar E.) Learnard, who was a daughter of Lawrence pioneer Shalor Eldridge. Included is an unattributed typescript describing Lawrence's early history. Also included is the record of an account (entries dated 1871-1872) with Iowa City, Iowa businessman Justin DeWitt Bowersock who later moved to Lawrence, where he was prominent in business and in state and local politics. The Iowa City account with...
Dates: 1871-1875, 1938
Collection — Volume: 1
Call Number: RH MS C73
Overview Justin D. Bowersock, 1842-1922. / [compiled by] Watson Library. -- Lawrence, Kansas: 1950.
- Bainesville (Kan.) -- History 1
- Businessmen -- Correspondence 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Real estate business -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Records and correspondence 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 1
- Albaugh, Morton 1
- Angle, George C. 1
- Bowersock Opera House (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Bowersock Theatre (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Bowersock family 1
- Bowersock, Mary Gower, 1845-1937 1
- Bristow, Joseph L. (Joseph Little), 1861-1944 1
- Clendening, Fred 1
- Consolidated Pacific Cement Plaster Company (Los Angeles, Calif.) 1
- Funston, E. H. (Edward Hogue), 1836-1911 1
- Gower, James O., 1832-1866 1
- Granada Theatre (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Ingalls, John James, 1833-1900 1
- Kittredge, Frank Edward 1
- Learnard, Mary S., 1842-1932 1
- Liberty Hall (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Plumb, Preston B., 1837-1891 1
- Quayle, William A. (William Alfred), 1860-1925 1
- Republican Party (Kan.) 1
- Ridenour, Peter Darcuss, 1831-1909 1
- Snow, F. H. (Francis Huntington), 1840-1908 1
- Stanley, William Eugene, 1844-1910 1
- Stubbs, Walter Roscoe, 1858-1929 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 20th 1
- University of Kansas. Libraries 1 ∧ less