Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The League of Women Voters of Johnson County (Kansas) was founded in 1952. Known as the League of Women Voters of Shawnee Mission until 1972, the League's efforts led to the creation of the Shawnee Mission Park System, and have supported the development of non-profit service offices and civic programs. This collection of their records includes administrative files as well as collected material of subjects pertinent to the group's activities.
The League of Women Voters of Kansas was founded in 1919, an outgrowth of the Kansas Equal Suffrage Association. This collection contains administrative records of the league as well as documentation regarding various projects and programs the league created or participated in regarding elections and political causes in Kansas and at a local and national level.
These papers of Lawrence, Kansas resident Mervyn Anderson document her active involvement in various service organizations, including the League of Women Voters, Friends in Council of Lawrence, and the University Women's Club of the University of Kansas. Included are clippings and records of her presidency of the Lawrence League of Women Voters and her personal recollections of challenges faced in seeking League support during its early years.
The collection primarily contains correspondence, legislation, and the like. Most of the correspondence deals with legislative matters and issues of concern to his constituency in the 44th District. There is also correspondence with state and national legislators, and with other political figures. And since the University of Kansas is part of the 44th District there is correspondence with university officials and students.
- Kansas -- Politics and government 2
- Abortion -- Kansas 1
- Abortion -- Public opinion 1
- Environmental policy -- Kansas 1
- Gambling -- Kansas 1
- Homosexuality 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Kansas -- Social policy 1
- Liquor laws -- Kansas 1
- National parks and reserves -- Kansas 1
- Prisoners -- Kansas 1
- Vietnam Veterans Education and Compensation Act of 1974. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Voting -- Kansas 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women -- Political activity 1
- Women -- Political activity -- Kansas 1
- Women's rights -- Kansas 1 ∧ less
- League of Women Voters (Lawrence, Kan.) 2
- Anderson, Mervyn, 1899-1996 1
- Docking, Robert Blackwell, 1925-1983 1
- Friends in Council (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Glover, Michael George, 1947- 1