Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Call Number: RH MS 338
Overview The Elliott family papers consist of correspondence, printed materials, photographs, and memorabilia from a family that settled in Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas soon after it opened for Euro-American settlement in 1854.
Dates: 1838 - 1976
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P5
Overview Letter of recommendation from Joseph Baldwin, clerk of the Calvanistic Congregational Church, Fitchburg, Massachusetts to Rev. Samuel Y. Lum, Pastor, Plymouth Church, Lawrence on behalf of Mrs. Nancy Hunt (probably the wife of George W. Hunt, who had emigrated to Kansas Territory circa 1855). Dated Fitchburg, [Mass.], May 5, 1856.
Dates: May 5, 1856
Call Number: RH MS E102
Overview This collection consists of several volumes of records from the Pilgrim Congregational Church of North Lawrence, Kansas. These volumes include treasurer's records, Sunday School reports, meeting minutes, and membership information for the church as well as for some of the groups associated with the church, including the Ladies' Society and the Young People's Society of Christian Endeavor (Y.P.S.C.E.).
Dates: 1866 - 1911
Call Number: RH MS 181
Overview This collection contains the records of the Plymouth Congregational Church of Lawrence, Kansas, dating from its founding in the 1850s to the present day. The collection includes a wide variety of administrative documentation, including committee and organizational meeting minutes, orders of service, financial records, membership information, photographs, building specifications and architectural drawings, mortgage and property information, correspondence, and other related materials.
Dates: 1854 - 2010
- Church records and registers -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- Congregationalism 2
- Church societies -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Church work with students -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Church work with youth -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Home missions 1
- Kansas -- Emigration and immigration 1
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Lawrence Massacre, Lawrence, Kan., 1863 1
- Sunday schools -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Teachers -- Kansas -- Finney County 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Societies and clubs 1 ∧ less
- Baldwin, Joseph (Resident of Fitchburg, Mass.) 1
- Elliott family 1
- Elliott, Maude, 1898- 1
- Elliott, Robert Gaston 1
- Elliott, Samuel Steele, 1870-1957 1