Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
This collection of speeches, correspondence, pamphlets, clippings, audiovisual material, and miscellaneous memorabilia was collected by historian Donald R. McCoy as a result of his research for the biography Landon of Kansas.
This collection contains political campagin information, correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings, diplomas, certificates, magazines, legal research, and ephermera belonging to and relating to Fred Six and various members of his family.
George C. Angle, a Republican politician from Bainesville, Kansas, was active as precinct organizer and minor political functionary in the Kansas Republican party. This collection contains correspondence, lists of voters, clippings, minutes of local political conventions, and similar materials related to his political organizing, as well as personal materials, including letters from Fred Clendening, who was a sergeant under Frederick Funston during the Spanish-American War.
Program from the twenty-sixth annual convention of the Kansas Women's Republican Club, held at Topeka, Kansas on January 28, 1955, listing convention sessions as well as club officers and committee chairs.
Letter to Darwin W. Esmond discussing postal services, political parties in Kansas, the defeat of Grover Cleveland in the presidential election of 1888, and Anderson's forthcoming marriage to May Williams of Chicago. Dated Salina, Kansas, December 8, 1888.
This collection consists of copied and original correspondence, clippings, photographs, and other related materials regarding the life of Oscar Eugene Learnard, his family, and the early history of Lawrence, Kansas.
The Polly Bales collection includes the personal correspondence, organizational membership records, family histories, and memorabilia of native Kansan and prominent Logan, County resident Polly Roth (Mrs. Dane G.) Bales.
This scrapbook documents his campaign for the nomination and his election to the U. S. House of Representatives.
Clippings, dating from December, 1959, to December, 1960, are from newspapers in the Second Congressional District.
This collection contains correspondence between William and Donna Mitchell, and various individuals and families seeking help with immigration to the United States from China. Also included are newspapers from Hong Kong, and various photographs of individuals and families, as well as some photographs from activities conducted by the Kansas Republican party.
Kansas native Wint Smith, a lawyer by profession, served in the military and the United States Congress. This collection includes correspondence, records related to Smith's military and Congressional career, speeches, photographs, diaries, maps, and other related materials.
- Women -- Political activity -- Kansas 3
- Campaign literature -- Kansas 2
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950 2
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- Bainesville (Kan.) -- History 1
- Burlington (Kan.) -- History 1
- China -- History -- Republic, 1912-1949 1
- Communism 1
- Elections -- Kansas 1
- Elections -- United States 1
- Emigration and immigration 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Logan (Kan.) -- History 1
- Phillips County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Political rights -- United States 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1888 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 1
- United States -- History -- 1933-1945 1
- United States -- History -- 1945- 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Kansas 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- Ellsworth, Robert F. 2
- Anderson, Nelson F. 1
- Angle, George C. 1
- Bales (Family : 1846- : Logan, KS) 1
- Bales, Dane G. (Dane Gray) 1
- Bales, Polly Roth 1
- Brown, John, 1800-1859 1
- Campbell, Catherine, 1875- 1
- Chilcott family 1
- Clendening, Fred 1
- Dane G. Hansen Memorial Museum 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Kansas. 1
- Democratic Party (Kan.) 1
- Dole, Robert J., 1923- 1
- Esmond, Darwin W. 1
- Friends in Council (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Gleed, Charles S. (Charles Sumner), 1856-1920 1
- Hansen (Family : 1846- : Logan, Kan.) 1
- Haskell Institute 1
- Kansas City, Fort Scott and Gulf Railroad Company 1
- Kansas Highway Patrol 1
- Kansas Women's Republican Club 1
- Kansas. Legislature 1
- Kansas. Supreme Court 1
- Landon, Alfred M. (Alfred Mossman), 1887-1987 1
- Learnard, Mary S., 1842-1932 1
- Learnard, O. E. (Oscar Eugene), 1832-1911 1
- Learnard, Tracy, 1872-1959 1
- Leavenworth, Lawrence, and Galveston Railroad Company 1
- Leonard family 1
- Mitchell, Bill 1
- Populist Party (Kan.) 1
- Quantrill, William Clarke, 1837-1865 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Roth family. 1
- Six family 1
- Six, Fred N., 1929- 1
- Smith, Wint, 1892-1976 1
- Unitarian Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- United Methodist Church (Logan Kan.) 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 20th 1 ∧ less
- Danish 1