Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Call Number: RH MS P298
Scope and Contents The collection contains scattered correspondence, etc, of Kansas U.S. Senators collected over the years by various individuals.
Dates: 1867 - 1910
Call Number: RH MS 168
Overview Robert F. Bennett served as Kansas State senator from 1965-1973; Bennett was later elected as the state's Governor, serving in that capacity from 1974-1978. This collection of his papers includes materials relating to Bennett's service on various legislative committees, correspondence with constituents, and related materials.
Dates: 1968 - 1973
Call Number: RH MS P121
Overview The letters were written during the time Pomeroy was senator and deal with the following topics: biographical information for the Congressional Directory; requests for publications to be sent to individuals; and a reference letter. The majority of the letters concern moving the U.S. Land Office from Independence, Kansas, to Neodesha. In later correspondence he refutes charges by D. R. Anthony that he bought votes or received compensation from Neodesha and resents the committee set up to...
Dates: 1861 - 1873
Call Number: RH MS 716
Overview Edward F. Reilly, Jr., a native of Leavenworth, Kansas, served 29 years as a legislator for the state of Kansas. He served one year as a member of the House of Representatives and then 28 years in the United States Senate. These papers consist of legislative records, including material House and Senate bill development and records of the Senate Committee on Federal and State Affairs regarding correctional facilities, as well as correspondence to and from Reilly.
Dates: 1965 - 1992
- Congressional Directory for .... 1
- Independence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government 1
- Legislators -- Kansas -- Archives 1
- Legislators -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Neodesha (Kan.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- Anthony, D. R., Daniel Read, 1824-1904 1
- Baker, Lucien 1
- Bennett, Robert F. (Robert Frederick), 1927-2000 1
- Bristow, Joseph L. (Joseph Little), 1861-1944 1
- Burton, Joseph Ralph, 1852-1923 1
- Caldwell, Alexander, 1830-1917 1
- Harris, William Alexander, 1841-1909 1
- Long, Chester I. (Chester Isaiah), 1860-1934 1
- Peffer, William Alfred, 1831-1912 1
- Plumb, Preston B., 1837-1891 1
- Pomeroy, S. C. (Samuel Clarke), 1816-1891 1
- Reilly, Edward F. 1
- Ross, Edmund G. (Edmund Gibson), 1826-1907 1
- United States. General Land Office 1 ∧ less