Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
The papers of the Shinn Family are those of an African American family from Topeka, Kansas. Though the papers are those of the Arthur M. Shinn family, the majority concern his son Michael G. Shinn's time as a University of Kansas athlete, an engineer, and an advocate of academic and professional opportunities for African Americans.
Crosier taught Applied Mechanics and Engineering at the University of Kansas from 1945-1971. This collection consists of correspondence, photographs, a series of pamphlets entitled "Lessons in Health Building," and class notes.
Rummer taught in the School of Engineering at the University of Kansas from 1948-1993. This collection consists of class materials and notes.
Marvin taught in the School of Engineering at the University of Kansas from 1875-1915 and was the School's first Dean. This collection contains a scrapbook, notebooks, photos, and other items.
Maloney taught in the School of Engineering at the University of Kansas from 1946-1985. This collection consists of research Maloney did about the history of the School of Engineering.
Grider taught Mining Engineering in the School of Engineering at the University of Kansas from 1915-1944. This collection consists of two manuscripts, a composition notebook, accounting books, a geology notebook, papers, as well as the lab notes of Lewis B. Smith.
The Microwave Associates records are those of company co-founder Richard M. Walker and pertain to the company's business and research affairs. The company is a developer and manufacturer of RF (radio frequency), microwave and millimeter wave semiconductors, components and technologies.
The Stanley Learned Collection includes twenty-six scrapbooks, dating from 1951 to 1968, of photographs, clippings, and other memorabilia which document Learned's leadership and service activities as an executive of the Phillips Petroleum Company of Bartlesville, Oklahoma. The collection also contains several works authored by Learned, including his student theses from the University of Kansas, certificates of honors awarded him by the University, and two souvenir medallions.
- African American engineers 1
- African American engineers -- Massachusetts 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- Bartlesville (Okla.) -- History 1
- Computer engineering -- Study and teaching -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Electrical engineering -- Study and teaching -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Engineering -- Massachusetts 1
- Microwave circuits -- Design and construction 1
- Microwaves -- Technological innovations 1
- Petroleum industry and trade -- United States -- History 1
- Radio circuits -- Design and construction 1
- Semiconductor industry 1
- Telecommunication -- Technological innovations 1 ∧ less
- Maloney, James O. 2
- Marvin, Frank Olin, 1852-1915 2
- University of Kansas 2
- University of Kansas. Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering 2
- University of Kansas. Department of Electrical Engineering 2
- Andes, Ammon S. 1
- Case Western Reserve University 1
- Conquistadores del Cielo 1
- Crosier, Clayton M. 1
- Dean, Thomas (Engineering professor) 1
- Douglas, William H. 1
- General Electric Company 1
- Glavinich, Thomas, 1951- 1
- Grider, Richard L. 1
- Helms, Ronald N. 1
- Kraft, David C. (Professor of Engineering Management) 1
- Learned family. 1
- Learned, Edmund P. (Edmund Philip), 1900-1991 1
- Learned, Mary Helms, 1903-1984 1
- Learned, Stanley, 1902-1995 1
- Locke, Carl E. 1
- M/A-COM, Inc. 1
- Metzler, Donald E. 1
- Microwave Associates 1
- Phillips Petroleum Company 1
- Preston, Floyd W., 1923- 1
- Rummer, Dale I. 1
- Shinn (Family : Topeka, Kan.) 1
- Shinn family 1
- Shinn, Arthur M., 1907-1991 1
- Shinn, Michael G., 1943- 1
- Smith, Howard W. (Howard Wesley), 1929-1998 1
- University of Kansas. Department of Aerospace Engineering 1
- University of Kansas. Department of Architectural Engineering 1
- University of Kansas. Department of Civil Engineering 1
- University of Kansas. Department of Mechanical Engineering 1
- University of Kansas. Department of Mining and Metal Engineering 1
- Walker, Richard M., -1983 1 ∧ less