Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Call Number: MS P651
Overview The business and personal papers in the Benjamin Walker collection primarily record the business and social activities of Benjamin Walker in connection with relatives, business associates, and acquaintances, all residing in the towns of Taunton and Dighton in Bristol County, Massachusetts.
Dates: 1793-1877 (bulk 1808-1824)
Call Number: RH MS 382
Overview The documents in this collection concern the Wyandot tribe who departed Ohio in 1843, relocating in what became Kansas Territory. Most of the collection consists of letters to and from prominent members of the Wyandots who relocated from Ohio, including William Walker, Jr, his brother Joel, John W. Grey Eyes, and Wyandot Indian Agent John Johnston.
Dates: 1842 - 1864
Call Number: RH MS 587
Overview The Walker family papers are those of one of the first African American homesteading families in Stafford County, Kansas. The family for several decades owned a successful farm.
Dates: 1880 - 1999
Call Number: RH MS 25
Overview The materials in this collection relate to approximately 150 civil suits heard before the Wyandotte County District Court. Much of the material relates to the Wyandotte tribe as litigants, among whom are Abelard Couthrie and William Walker, as well as other Walker family members. Other litigants include firms such as Great Western Telegraph Company and Missouri Valley Lumber Company. In many instances the documents include all relevant papers indicating all actions taken and final settlements.
- African American farmers -- Kansas -- Stafford County 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Stafford County -- History 1
- Business enterprises -- Massachusetts -- Taunton 1
- Courts -- Kansas 1
- Delaware Indians -- Kansas 1
- Indians of North America -- Treaties 1
- Wyandot Indians -- Kansas 1
- Wyandot Indians -- Legal status, laws, etc. 1
- Wyandot Indians -- Ohio 1
- Wyandot Indians -- Relocation 1
- Wyandotte County (Kan.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- Briggs family 1
- Johnston, John, 1775-1861 1
- Kansas. District Court (29th Judicial District) 1
- Parks, Joseph, 1794-1859 1
- Walker, Benjamin, active 1793-1828 1