Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Call Number: RH MS 677
Overview The Papers of Darlene Jenkins are those of a longtime Kansas City, Kansas resident and educator.
Dates: 1936 - 1992
Call Number: RH MS 579
Overview The papers of Bishop John A. Gregg are those of an African American and native Kansan who became a leader in the African Methodist Episcopal Church and in higher education. The papers also document his missionary activities in South Africa and during World War II.
Call Number: RH MS 1128
Overview The Papers of Pastor D. D. Miller are those of a Baptist pastor who held posts at various churches in Kansas. He was also an active NAACP member.
Dates: 1973 - 1986
Call Number: RH MS 1104
Overview The Reverend Billy J. Johnson papers are those of a longtime Kansan who served as pastor at several churches in the state, serving last at Topeka's Calvary Baptist Church.
Dates: 1949 - 1990
Call Number: RH MS 467
Overview The Reverend E.B. Hicks Papers are those of a native Kansan who served as pastor in several Kansas towns and was also active in a number of local, regional, and national Baptist Conventions, societies, and mission organizations.
Dates: 1932 - 1987
Call Number: RH MS 474
Overview The Papers of the Reverend Frank Brown Family are those of a Topeka, Kansas family. Frank Brown was a Baptist minister and his wife, Fannie, was a cosmetologist.
Dates: 1933 - 1987
Call Number: RH MS 682
Overview The Reverend M. J. Young papers are those of a long time Kansas City, Kansas resident who served as pastor of the Young Memorial Church of God in Christ in that city.
Dates: 1910 - 1983
Call Number: RH MS 688
Overview The Reverend Thomas Knapper family papers are those of a long time Kansas City, Kansas family. Thomas Knapper was a police patrolman, Baptist minister, and businessman. His wife, Tillie, was a teacher, as was his daughter Barbara.
Dates: 1920 - 1983
- African American clergy -- Kansas 7
- African American Baptists -- Kansas 6
- African American educators -- Missouri 2
- African American Baptists -- History 1
- African American Pentecostals -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- African American businesspeople -- Kansas 1
- African American clergy -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- African American school administrators -- Missouri 1
- Beauty shops -- Kansas 1
- Kansas City (Kan.) -- Church history 1
- Missionaries -- Africa 1 ∧ less
- African Methodist Episcopal Church 1
- Brown, Fannie L., 1920-2002 1
- Brown, Frank, 1915-1997 1
- Calvary Baptist Church (Topeka, Kan.) 1
- Calvary Baptist Church (Wichita, Kan.) 1
- First Baptist Church (Kansas City, Kan.) 1
- First Baptist Church (Leavenworth, Kan.) 1
- Gregg, John Andrew, 1877-1953 1
- Hicks, E. B. (Elder Barney), 1907- 1
- Jenkins, Darlene Smith, 1922-2003 1
- Johnson, Billy J., 1929-1990 1
- Knapper, Thomas, 1879-1952 1
- Knapper, Tillie Parker Moss, 1875-1977 1
- Mason, Barbara Knapper, 1912-1999 1
- Miller, D. D. (Pastor) 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- Progressive Missionary Baptist Church (Wichita Kan.) 1
- Second Baptist Church (Pratt, Kan.) 1
- Smith, Melvin James 1
- St. James Baptist Church (Emporia, Kan.) 1
- Thomas Knapper & Co. 1
- Young Memorial Church of God in Christ (Kansas City, Kan.) 1
- Young, Melvin J., -1991 1 ∧ less
- Afrikaans 1
- German 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Xhosa 1