Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
School of Architecture class projects led by Curtis Besinger when he taught at the University of Kansas. Includes architectural surveys of historic sites in Douglas County, the larger state of Kansas, and some locations in Kansas City, Missouri.
A description of the Majors home which stands at 83rd Street and State Line (8145 State Line Road in Leawood, Kansas and 8206 Wyoming Street in Kansas City, Missouri) and sketch of the business career of Alexander Majors. There are reproductions of several documents relevant to the history of the house, as well as a floor plan of the home, and photographs of Majors. Majors was a partner in the early western freighting firm of Russell, Majors and Waddell.
Correspondence regarding additions to the Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Chicago, Illinois, 1937. Letters transmitting architectural drawings and a set of drawings for the hospital.
This collection contains drawings and negatives pertaining to projects, both public and private, in the Kansas City region and Lawrence, Kansas area. Much of the collection focuses on John C. Morley's work with projects surrounding the Kansas City International Airport (MCI), including the masterplan of the Industrial Park. Other projects include single-family residences, dormitory and other projects at Rockhurst University, and commercial buildings.
This collection contains architectural plans, bid packages, photographs, internal communications, and business plans relating to the construction of the Power and Light District in Kansas City, Missouri.
Architectural drawings of buildings in Kansas City and Wichita, correspondence, class reports, measured drawings, photographs, and miscellaneous items.
P.D. Olmstead owned and operated a contracting business in Lawrence, Kansas from 1925-1968. He built several buildings on the University of Kansas campus. This collection encompasses his business records, predominantly client and vendor account files filed by individual or business name, as well as architectural drawings and plans related building projects and personal family photographs.
Architectural plans and the history of the Miami County Court House, erected 1898, George P. Washburn, architect. The report was written for Professor Besinger's Introduction to Architecture II class. [Lawrence, Kan.]
This collection contains drawings and blueprints done by Warren Corman during his time in private practice, working at the Office of Warren Corman, the Office of Williamson and Corman, and the Office of Howells-Hale-Corman, all located in Topeka, Kansas. The collection consists of drawings of local residences and houses, as well as records related to the research and design of White Memorial Camp for the United Church of Christ in Council Grove, KS.
- Architecture -- Kansas 4
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- Architecture -- Missouri -- Kansas City 2
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century 2
- Architects -- Kansas 1
- Architecture -- Details 1
- Architecture -- Missouri 1
- Architecture -- Missouri -- Kansas City -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- Missouri -- Saint Louis -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture, Domestic -- Kansas -- Leawood 1
- Art, Modern -- 20th century -- History 1
- Buildings -- Specifications 1
- Church architecture -- Kansas -- Designs and plans 1
- Historic buildings 1
- Historic buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Hospital buildings -- Design and construction 1
- Kansas City (Mo.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Kansas City Power & Light District (Kansas City, Mo.) 1 ∧ less
- Besinger, Curtis 2
- Charles Hodgdon and Son, Architects. 1
- Comee, Fred T. 1
- Corman, Warren, 1926- 1
- Curtiss, Louis Singleton, 1865-1924 1
- Cuthbert & Suehrk, Architects 1
- Cuthbert, Charles D. 1
- Good, Lawrence R. 1
- Kansas City International Airport (Mo.) 1
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital 1
- Lockett, John Hoyl 1
- Majors, Alexander, 1814-1900 1
- Marshall, Charles L., 1905-1992 1
- Miami County (Kan.). Court House 1
- Morley, John C., 1914-2001 1
- Olmstead, Philip D. 1
- Russell, Majors and Waddell 1
- Russell, William Hepburn, 1812-1872 1
- Scheetz, Maybelle 1
- University of Kansas 1
- Waddell, W. B. (William Bradford), 1807-1872 1
- Washburn, George P., 1846-1922 1
- Whitney, Donald W. 1
- Williamson, Thomas, 1887-1974 1
- Williamson, Thomas, Jr. 1
- Williamson-Loebsack & Associates 1
- Zubeck, Joseph E. (Joseph Ernst) 1 ∧ less