Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Call Number: RH MS P395
Overview 2 academic papers by Debora K. Brown.
Call Number: RH MS 1018
Overview The Alvah and Mary Shelden Collection contains their 1879 to 1885 journal of activities as residents of El Dorado, Kansas, as well as autobiographical and biographical accounts of their lives as early settlers and teachers in Butler County, Kansas. A typescript of their journal is included.
Dates: 1879 - 1885
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P360
Overview Photocopy of a biography of Mr. & Mrs. Walter Raleigh Smith and a description of their life in El Dorado, Kan. from 1915 to mid-century. Also included is autobiographical material about their son, Harold C. Smith.
Dates: Other: between 1915 and 1950
Call Number: RH MS 1149
Overview The G.W. Fry Collection contains the 1885 to 1896 correspondence of Ohio resident George W. Fry regarding his Butler County, Kansas landholdings at El Dorado. Fry's letters and financial records describe improvements made on his Butler County lands, his pursuit of railway access and a depot, successes and failures in crop production, and his hardships in defense of lawsuits by a tenant.
Dates: 1885 - 1896
Call Number: RH MS P854
Overview In this undated ledger is a handwritten mailing list produced by Hale Bros. Druggists of El Dorado, Kansas. The list contains personal names of Butler County, Kansas residents, arranged alphabetically by surname, and names the community in which each person resides.
- Butler County (Kan.) -- History 3
- Archaeology and history 1
- Blacksmithing 1
- Blacksmiths -- Kansas -- Leavenworth 1
- Douglass (Kan.) -- History 1
- Drugstores -- Kansas -- El Dorado 1
- El Dorado Lake Region (Kan.) -- Antiquities 1
- Leavenworth (Kan.) -- History 1
- Nails and spikes 1
- New Chelsea (Kan.) -- History 1
- Ross County (Ohio) -- History 1
- Teachers -- Kansas -- Butler County -- Biography 1 ∧ less
- Brown, Debora K. 1
- Fry, G. W. (George W. ), 1838- 1
- Hale Bros. Druggists 1
- Shelden family. 1
- Shelden, Alvah, 1849-1911 1