Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection — Box: 1-4
Call Number: RH MS 115
Overview The Knaus-Gavitt collection consist mostly of correspondence and misc. documents to Warren Knaus and W.W. Gavitt.
Dates: 1867 - 1936
Call Number: PP 515
Overview This collection consists of the personal papers of Peter Dunning Ashlock, which includes research, manuscripts, and publications. It is also comprised of travel information and materials from professional organizations. The collection also includes correspondence as well as newspapers and a map.
Dates: 1950 - 1989
Call Number: PP 392
Overview Beamer taught at the Entomology Museum at the University of Kansas from 1914-1955. This collection consists of his field notes and research from 1913-1941 and 1946-53, along with photographs from field expeditions in various states throughout the United States and in Mexico and Canada from 1930-1950.
Dates: 1914 - 1955
Call Number: PP 219
Overview This collection consists of field notes and glass plates from the papers of University of Kansas zoology professor William Jacob Baumgartner. Glass plate negatives involve subjects of science, steel production and mining, penal institutions, pharmacy, and botany. Entomology field survey notes are from several different staff and faculty at the University of Kansas and its Museum of Natural History, including R.H. Beamer.
Dates: 1946 - 1954
Call Number: RG 33
Overview The Museum of Natural History at the University of Kansas began as the cabinet of natural history and now includes some 8 million specimens and 1.2 million archaeological artifacts. The records of the Museum are comprised of scrapbooks, artificial records, news releases, news clips, correspondence, budget records, personnel records, and publications.
Call Number: RH MS 1394
Overview Warren Knaus, or Kraus, lived in McPherson, Kansas and was interested in the study of entomology. This collection contains 33 letters dated 1896-1935, written by entomologists in Canada to W. Knaus. The letters delve into the study of insects.
Dates: 1896 - 1935
- Biology -- Study and teaching 1
- Entomology 1
- Journalism -- Kansas -- McPherson 1
- Mail-order business 1
- McPherson (Kan.) -- History 1
- Museum exhibits -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Newspaper publishing -- Kansas -- McPherson 1
- Paleontology 1
- Real estate investment 1
- Zoology -- Research 1 ∧ less
- Knaus, Warren, 1858-1937 2
- University of Kansas. Museum of Natural History 2
- Apfelbaum, Charles 1
- Ashlock, Peter D. 1
- Baumgartner, W. J. (William Jacob), 1871- 1
- Beamer, Raymond H. (Raymond Hill), 1889-1957 1
- Gavitt, Harry E. 1
- Gavitt, W. W. 1
- Isely, Henry, 1841-1904 1
- Kansas Academy of Science 1
- Kansas Entomological Society 1
- Smyth, Bernard Bryan, 1843-1913 1
- Snow Entomological Museum 1
- Snow, F. H. (Francis Huntington), 1840-1908 1
- Stewart, Alexander Turney, 1803-1876 1
- University of Kansas. Department of Entomology 1
- W. W. Gavitt Medical Company 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1