Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 31
Call Number: RH PH 100
Overview Photographic postcards of Abilene, Kansas, with scenes of buildings, businesses, houses, street scenes, and school groups.
Dates: approximately 1907, 1908, 1910
Collection — Box: 1
Call Number: RH PH 531
Overview This collection consists of photographic prints and tintypes of African Americans, taken in eastern Kansas in the latter half of the 19th century. The posed and informal portraits had been compiled into an album that has been disbound due to severe deterioration. Images include individuals and groups of babies, children, and adults; most of the photographs were taken in studios and are posed in exterior or interior settings.
Dates: [between 1880-1900]
Call Number: RH PH 170
Overview The collection contains photographs of the interiors of millinery shops and dry goods stores, a newspaper advertisement for Mrs. M. P. Ames Millinery, and snapshots from the 1904 Saint Louis (Missouri) World's Fair. The photograph album contains snapshots of social life in El Reno, Oklahoma. The Ames and Enloe families were milliners in Kansas and Oklahoma from 1905-1920.
Dates: 1880 - 1930
Call Number: RH PH 540
Overview This artificial collection was assembled by putting together smaller sets of purchased photographs from various photographic dealers, focused on portraits of individuals, couples, and groups. Many of the purchases were selected by Spencer Research Library's Kansas Collection photoarchivist during the 1980s and 1990s. The collection consists of real photographic postcards, lithographic print postcards, cabinet cards, cartes de visite, mounted and unmounted prints, glass plate negatives, and...
Dates: approximately 1868 - 1986 (bulk 1900s-1960s)
Call Number: RH PH P24
Overview This collection contains six photographs of schools in Atchison and Leavenworth Counties in Kansas from 1922 to 1925 and in the 1940s, including the Pardee School, Lane School, Delaware School, Bell School, and Mound School. Collection includes photograph description and identifications of students and teachers standing outside the schools. Ava Higley Milett appears as a student or teacher in all the photographs.
Dates: approximately 1922-1940s
Call Number: RH MS A8
Overview This collection consists of glass plate negatives, a few prints, and C.J. Moore's catalogs of photographs he took. Photographic subjects include buildings and town views of Oketo, Marshall County, La Cygne, Linn County, and Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas; the University of Kansas in Lawrence; family portraits and vacation snapshots in the Midwest and Northeast of the United States; and other topics. The photographs mostly date from the 1890s-1920s; the volumes include information about...
Dates: 1893-1946 (bulk 1893-1922)
Call Number: RH PH 1
Overview This colection includes photographic images of railroad bridges, rivers, and bridge construction scenes collected by Clayton M. Crosier and dating from the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The collection also includes papers pertaining to the radio program "International Conversations," sponsored by the Kansas Commission for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), of which Crosier was the executive secretary in the 1950s-1960s.
Dates: 1871-1930, 1953-1968
Call Number: RH PH 180
Overview This collection contains glass plate negatives of the Benham family, a 4th of July celebration, agricultural fair, and many town scenes from central Kansas.
Dates: approximately 1892
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH PH P33
Overview This collection includes a photograph of a horse-drawn plow near Dodge City, Ford County, Kansas and a photograph of a horse-drawn threshing machine taken around Cimarron, Gray County, Kansas with the D.H. Cross family.
Dates: approximately 1890s-1910
Call Number: RH PH 178(f)
Overview Robert Asbury completed his Masters thesis for the department of Architecture at the University of Kansas, Kansas architecture: A survey of development from the pre-territorial period to the present, in 1961. This collection of photographs was used as supporting material for the thesis. Dates in the inventory concern when the building(s) was/were built, not when the photographs were created. While many buildings photographed are in Lawrence, Kansas, there are...
Dates: 1858 - 1907
Call Number: RH PH 94
Overview The photographs in this collection record Ernest Crown's family, farm, and community activities in Smith County, Kansas and his work in the Methodist Church. Other photographs in the collection (181-213) are of the Crown family, farming, and rural schools in Smith County.
Dates: 1890 - 1967
Call Number: RH PH 98
Overview The collection consists of thirty-nine photographs of Kansas railroad depots taken by Mr. Krambeck and one view of the Horton, Kansas railroad shops copied by Mr. Krambeck.
Dates: approximately 1936-1982
Call Number: RH PH 137
Overview Collection of photographic images of Kansas and other states from the late 19th century and early 20th century of towns, scenery, and events.
Dates: 1850 - 1916
Call Number: RH PH 130
Overview Glass plate and flexible negatives of scenes of the Gilgas family, their farming activities, and Willow Springs School in Douglas County, Kansas. Prints are also available of all negatives in the collection and should be consulted by researchers first.
Dates: before approximately 1920
Call Number: RH PH 36
Overview Gladys Filson Carlson was a member of the 1927 graduating class from the University of Kansas. The collection includes portraits of schools, agricultural and outdoor scenes from Kiowa, Kansas and from areas of western Kansas.
Dates: approximately 1885-1949
Call Number: RH PH 546
Overview Collection of mostly matted photographic prints from Henry Kolling, including two photographs of unidentified musical ensembles (one band and one orchestra), photos of members of the Morganville Band of Wichita, Kansas, and various photos of the Wichita Tractor Company employees and machinery. Also included is a newspaper clipping from a Topeka, Kansas-based newspaper published in 1958, and a Kansas House Resolution signed in 1968 honoring Kolling for his work as custodian and in other roles...
Dates: 1906 - 1968
Collection — Box: 1-3
Call Number: RH PH 185
Overview Transparencies of Kansas and Missouri places during the 1960s used by Kansas Distributing Company to produce postcards. Includes some postcards.
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH PH P47
Overview This collection includes a photograph of a scene at a Kansas farm with a sod house, windmill, a wagon, horses, and an unidentified family and dog. A "D.G. Clark" is identified as possibly the photographer, along with Goodland, Kansas.
Dates: approximately 1880s-1900
Call Number: RH PH 169
Overview This collection contains photographs from the Kansas Governor's Conference on Aging in 1978.
Call Number: RH PH 142
Overview Photographs of Kansas railroad stations and views of Valley Falls, Kansas. Photographs dating from 1963-1977 were taken by Dale Irwin.
Dates: 1890-1935, 1963-1977
Call Number: RH PH 9
Overview Photographs depicting Kansas turnpike construction, specifically grading and drainage, under contract 1-1-E(1).
Call Number: RH PH 41
Overview This collection includes views of street and buildings in Larned, Kansas and landscape around the town. Also included are views of Boyd's Ranch on the Santa Fe Trail and of Fort Larned.
Call Number: RH PH 21
Overview This collection contains scenes of Profile Ranch, Russell County and many views of Louie Chester Walbridge's wife and children, taken by him. It includes images of farming, some interior and exterior shots of the family home and other buildings on the ranch, and some images from a Christmas holiday.
Dates: approximately 1884-1910
Call Number: RH PH 519
Overview Photographic postcards from Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, and South Dakota, along with several postcards without a listed location. The postcards are grouped by state; the Kansas postcards and the postcards without a known location are grouped by topic.
Dates: 1904 - 1935
Call Number: RH PH 11
Overview The locations and individuals in many of the black and white photographic prints in this collection have not been indentified. The unidentified photographs are grouped under the following headings: buildings and structures, landscapes, portraits, exteriors, and interiors. Most of the landscapes are of a mountainous area. The portraits include pictures of individuals and groups of all ages, taken both indoors and outdoors, in both posed and candid shots. Most of the buildings and structures are...
Dates: approximately 1910-1950
- Kansas -- Photographs 8
- Agriculture -- Kansas -- Photographs 4
- Schools -- Kansas -- Photographs 3
- African American families -- Kansas -- Photographs 2
- African Americans -- Portraits 2
- Bridges -- Kansas -- Photographs 2
- Colorado -- Photographs 2
- Farm life -- Kansas -- Photographs 2
- Nebraska -- Photographs 2
- Railroad stations -- Kansas -- Photographs 2
- Abilene (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- African American families -- Kansas 1
- African American families -- Kansas -- Newton 1
- African American men -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- African American women -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- African Americans -- Kansas 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Photographs 1
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Atchison County (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Bolivia -- Photographs 1
- Bridges -- Kansas -- Design and construction -- Photographs 1
- Buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Photographs 1
- Buildings -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Chicago (Ill.) -- Photographs 1
- Church buildings -- Kansas -- Abilene 1
- Cimarron (Kan.) -- History -- Photographs 1
- Dodge City (Kan.) -- History -- Photographs 1
- Douglas County (Kan.) 1
- Dust storms -- Photographs 1
- Ecuador -- Photographs 1
- Express highways -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Fairs -- Kansas 1
- Fort Larned (Larned, Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Goodland (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Governors -- Kansas 1
- Great Plains -- Photographs 1
- Kiowa (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Larned (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Photographs 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Photographs 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Leavenworth County (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Libraries -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Millinery -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Millinery -- Oklahoma -- Photographs 1
- Missouri -- Photographs 1
- Oketo (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Older people -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Panama -- Photographs 1
- Pennslyvania -- Photographs 1
- Peru -- Photographs 1
- Politicians -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Portrait photography -- Kansas -- 19th century -- Specimens 1
- Portrait photography -- Kansas -- 20th century -- Specimens 1
- Portrait photography -- Specimens 1
- Profile Ranch (Kan.) 1
- Railroad bridges -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Ranches -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Roads -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Rural schools -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Russell County (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Smith County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Sod houses -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Stereographs 1
- Stores, Retail -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Stores, Retail -- Oklahoma -- Photographs 1
- Valley Falls (Kan.) 1
- Wichita (Kan.) -- History -- Photographs 1 ∧ less
- University of Kansas 3
- Allen, George V., 1913-2007 1
- Asbury, Robert Fossett 1
- Brady, E. 1
- Buckingham Books 1
- Carlson, Gladys Filson 1
- Crosier, Clayton M. 1
- Cross, Leona 1
- Crown family. 1
- Crown, Ernest Othniel, 1880-1956 1
- Enloe, Orville 1
- Epperson Studio (Wellington, Kan.) 1
- Gilgas family 1
- Irwin, Dale (Photographer) 1
- KANU (Radio Station : Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Kansas Distributing Company (Junction City, Kan.) 1
- Kansas Governor's Conference on Aging (1978) 1
- Kansas. Commission for UNESCO 1
- Kansas. Legislature. House of Representatives 1
- Kolling, Harold Earl, 1920- 1
- Kolling, Henry C. 1
- Krambeck, F. Wesley, 1906-1988 1
- Louisiana Purchase Exposition (1904 : Saint Louis, Mo.) 1
- Meredith, Rhoda Louise, 1915- 1
- Milett, Ava E., 1912-1989 1
- Moore, Clinton J., 1873-1962 1
- Parker Amusement Co. (Abilene, Kan.) 1
- Ransom, Willard G. 1
- University of Kansas. Libraries. University Archives 1
- Walbridge, Caroline K. (Caroline Knickerbacker) 1
- Walbridge, Louie C. (Louie Chester), 1859-1939 1
- Wright, Robert O., 1933-2016 1 ∧ less