Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
This collection consists of records related to Barbara Ballard's career as a member of the Kansas House of Representatives, including records related to the legislative process and to the election and campaigning processes.
These two budget messages were delivered to the Kansas Legislature by Kansas Governor Fred Hall on February 1, 1955 and January 11, 1956.
George Docking served as Governor of Kansas from 1957-1961. This collection of papers includes correspondence between various people and organizations, photographs, and newspaper clippings compiled during Docking's first term as governor.
The League of Women Voters of Johnson County (Kansas) was founded in 1952. Known as the League of Women Voters of Shawnee Mission until 1972, the League's efforts led to the creation of the Shawnee Mission Park System, and have supported the development of non-profit service offices and civic programs. This collection of their records includes administrative files as well as collected material of subjects pertinent to the group's activities.
Norbert Dreiling, a native Kansan, served as chairman of the Kansas Democratic party from 1966-1974, at the time when Robert Docking was elected governor. This collection reflect Dreiling's activities in service to this organization.
This scrapbook documents his campaign for the nomination and his election to the U. S. House of Representatives.
Clippings, dating from December, 1959, to December, 1960, are from newspapers in the Second Congressional District.
This collection of papers of Virginia B. Docking, wife of Kansas Governor George Docking and mother of Kansas Governor Robert B. Docking, includes letters received by her from U.S. Presidents Harry S. Truman, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon Baines Johnson and their wives from 1955 to 1961. The collection also includes slides and an accompanying audio tape and script, presented March 11, 1978 by the Shawnee County Democratic Party at an event honoring Mrs. Docking.
- African American legislators -- Kansas 1
- Governors -- Kansas 1
- Public interest lobbying -- Kansas 1
- Docking, Robert Blackwell, 1925-1983 3
- Docking, George, 1904-1964 2
- Republican Party (Kan.) 2
- Acheson, Dean, 1893-1971 1
- Ballard, Barbara, 1944- 1
- Bennett, Robert F. (Robert Frederick), 1927-2000 1
- Brotherhood of Railway, Airline, and Steamship Clerks, Freight Handlers, Express, and Station Employes 1
- Burnau, Patrick 1
- Democratic Party (Kan.) 1
- Docking family. 1
- Docking, Virginia B. (Virginia Blackwell), 1901-1998 1
- Dreiling, Norbert R., 1925-2005 1
- Ellsworth, Robert F. 1
- Fike, Stanley R. 1
- Hall, Frederick Lee, 1916-1970 1
- Ivan, John, active 1968-1974 1
- Johnson, Lady Bird, 1912-2007 1
- Kansas. Governor (1955-1957 : Hall) 1
- Kansas. Governor (1957-1961: Docking) 1
- Kansas. Governor (1967-1975 : Docking) 1
- Kansas. Legislature 1
- Kansas. Legislature. House of Representatives 1
- Kansas. Office of the Governor 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 1
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County (Johnson County, Kan.) 1
- League of Women Voters of Kansas 1
- Onassis, Jacqueline Kennedy, 1929-1994 1
- Shaffer, James (Press secretary) 1
- Stevenson, Adlai E. (Adlai Ewing), 1900-1965 1
- Toynbee, Arnold, 1889-1975 1
- Truman, Bess Wallace 1
- Truman, Harry S., 1884-1972 1
- Truman, Margaret, 1924-2008 1
- Whitehead, Bryan K., 1925-2008 1 ∧ less