Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P713
Overview A history of the establishment and the architecture of the English Lutheran Church (later the Trinity Lutheran Church) of Lawrence, Kansas, written by Cathy Ambler, December 1990. Ambler's history of the church was produced as a student paper for a University of Kansas course in Architecture.
Dates: December 1990
Call Number: RH MS P448
Overview The Eggert family came to America from Germany in the mid-1830s. The collection includes personal papers, correspondence, and photographs of various members of the family.
Dates: 1865 - 1928
Call Number: RH MS 804
Overview These records of the First United Methodist Church of Lawrence, Kansas, which date from 1877 to 1971, also include records generated under the church's earlier name, the First Methodist Episcopal Church of Lawrence. Included are records of church finances, members, marriages, funerals, baptisms, conferences, activities of the church's Loyal Ladies Class, its Epworth League of junior members, and special events in the church's history.
Dates: 1877 - 1971
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P326
Overview Typewritten history of the church from its founding in 1895.
Dates: January 13, 1978
Call Number: RH MS 605
Overview The First Regular Missionary Baptist Church Collection documents the history, membership, and activities of an African American congregation in Lawrence, Kansas. The collection contains pastoral, congregational, Sunday School, and club records.
Dates: 1915 - 2005
Call Number: RH MS 709
Overview This collection contains papers and books from St. Paul's United Church of Christ, Eudora, Kansas, founded in 1869. Records of the church include meeting minutes, financial records, correspondence, hymnals, religious texts, and certificates. Also included is a congregational register, dated 1923-1945, for the Evangelical St. Paul's Church of Lawrence, Kansas.
Dates: 1869 - 1996
Call Number: RH MS P508
Overview Photocopy of a report written as a research project with a grant from the Kansas Committee for the Humanities. The report traces the origin, development, and cultural role of the Black churches in Lawrence, Kansas. Churches discussed include Church of God, First Regular Missionary Baptist, Lawrence Pentecostal, Ninth Street Baptist, Overcoming Church of God in Christ, Second Christian, Disciples of Christ, St. James AME, and St. Luke AME. Photocopies of pictures accompanying the report remain...
Call Number: RH MS 797
Overview The collection contains an early history of the Trinity Episcopal Church in Lawrence, Kan., vestry notebooks providing administrative and financial documentation about the church, newspaper clippings, parish bulletins, church directories, photographs, and youth group newsletters, among other related materials.
Dates: 1858 - 2004
Call Number: RH MS 1174
Overview Unitarianism has been an active denomination in Lawrence since the town was founded in 1855. The congregation disbanded during World War II and reestablished a charter in 1958. This collection includes meeting minutes, budgets, long-range plans, membership directories, correspondence, newspaper clippings, photographs, books, sermons, and histories of Unitarianism in Lawrence from the territorial era to the present church.
Dates: 1827 - 2011
- African American churches -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- Church buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- Church records and registers -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- African American Baptists -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Christian Science -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Church architecture -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Church records and registers -- Kansas -- Eudora 1
- Episcopalians -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Eudora (Kan.) -- Church history 1
- High school students -- Kansas -- Erie 1
- High school students -- Kansas -- Stockton 1
- Historic buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Teachers -- Kansas 1
- Unitarian churches -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Women -- Portraits 1 ∧ less
- Ambler, Cathy 1
- Eggert family. 1
- Eggert, Henry W., 1841-1928 1
- Evangelical St. Paul's Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- First Church of Christ, Scientist (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- First Regular Missionary Baptist Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- First United Methodist Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Haskell Institute 1
- Lawrence Unitarian Fellowship (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Merwin , Charles , 1855- 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church (Baldwin City, Kan.) 1
- Pennington, Dorthy L. 1
- St. Paul's United Church of Christ (Eudora, Kan.) 1
- Trinity Episcopal Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Trinity Lutheran Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1 ∧ less
- German 1