Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
One original black and white photographic print and three later copies of a child, Alberta White, standing in front of the house located at 724 Alabama Street in Lawrence, Kansas. The house is thought to have been where Mary Patterson Langston, Langston Hughes' grandmother, lived, though the 1907 and 1911 Lawrence city directories list her address as 732 Alabama.
This collection consists of approximately 1,500 prints and 2,285 negatives of the photographic work of Duke D'Ambra. The photographic images include scenes of 50 years of life in Lawrence, Kansas from the 1920s to the 1970s. D'Ambra photographed buildings, businesses, residents at work and at play, and their homes. He captured the effect of dust storms in the 1930s, the floods of the 1950s, and war on the community. He also documented a growing Haskell Indian Institute.
This collection consists of photographs taken by Lawrence Journal World staff photographers and freelance photographers on behalf of the newspaper. It includes images of events that occurred in Lawrence, Kansas and the surrounding area from the middle of the 20th century up to the early 21st century.
A collection consisting of two real photographic postcards and one photograph of images from Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas. Includes images of the Kaw River Bridge and South Park.
This collection of photographic materials relating to Lawrence, Kansas and its residents, businesses, buildings, and events spans the early 19th century through the late 20th century, therefore also spanning the history of photography itself. This is an artificial collection, meaning that the photographs herein come from a wide variety of sources and have been compiled by the Spencer Research Library into this single collection organized by subject matter.
Photographs of the Lescher family of Lawrence, Kansas, possibly taken by a family member. Subjects of the images include landmarks and buildings in Lawrence and Douglas County, Kansas; scenes from the 1908 flood and from an ice gorge in the Kansas River; landscapes; Lescher family members, friends, and unidentified individuals; residences and room interiors; farming scenes; bridges and trains; and other topics.
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- History 2
- Bridges -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Excelsior Springs (Mo.) -- Photographs 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Leavenworth (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Leavenworth County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Newspaper archives -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Portrait photography -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1 ∧ less
- D'Ambra, Duke 1
- Haskell Institute 1
- Lawrence Daily Journal-World 1
- Lawrence Journal Company (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Leavenworth Public Library (Leavenworth, Kan.) 1