Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Miscellaneous collection of counter culture, youth culture, drug culture, and Vietnamese conflict-related posters primarily from the mid- to late 1960s, but probably including some of early 1970s vintage. The collection is divided into 4 categories: Prominent individuals, Vietnam and related, Psychedelic and drug, and Counter culture and miscellaneous.
This collection of ephemeral protest literature from the 1960s contains communications supporting efforts of the United Farm Workers, protesting U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War, and supporting anti-war prisoners at the San Francisco Presidio Stockade who were charged with mutiny in 1968 for non-violent protest of their conditions and for the Army's shooting of a fellow prisoner.
Jan Flora and Dave Bunten served as counselors for a project at Fort Riley, Riley County, Kansas during the Vietnam War. This collection is comprised of working files as well as publications regarding conscientious objector status and service discharge.
This collection consists of activist publications from the 1960s and 1970s, including from the Stevens Institute of Hoboken, New Jersey, and from the Students for a Democratic Society, maintained by Fred Whitehead from when he was a student at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas and Columbia University in New York.
This collection contains letters from James B. English during his service to the United States when stationed in Di An and Long Binh, Vietnam during the Vietnam War. The letters are to his family and have been arranged chronologically by date sent.
This collection consists of correspondence, minutes of the Lawrence Peace Center's Steering Committee, newsletters, pamphlets, and newspaper clippings belonging to the Lawrence Peace Center, an organization that focused on anti-war movements regarding the Vietnam War. Also included are letters addressed to politicians and anti-war voting information.
Forum posts, essays, and books relating to the Vietnam War, War on Terror, and philosophical research of Leonard Magruder.
Pearson as U.S. Senator from Kansas discusses reconnaissance flights over North Vietnam in reply to a letter from Heron.
These papers of Lawrence, Kansas resident Mervyn Anderson document her active involvement in various service organizations, including the League of Women Voters, Friends in Council of Lawrence, and the University Women's Club of the University of Kansas. Included are clippings and records of her presidency of the Lawrence League of Women Voters and her personal recollections of challenges faced in seeking League support during its early years.
Michael Zweig was a graduate student and professor of Economics during the Vietnam War, when he was involved in anti-war and draft opposition efforts and served as a draft counsellor. This collection contains materials related to campus and community anti-war and draft opposition activism and draft counselling for conscientious objectors.
Sound recordings and photographic negatives of racial and student disturbances in Lawrence, Kansas, March, 1970 - May, 1970 recorded by Dennis Embry and Brian W. Miller.
The Dr. David A. Otto, Special Envoy for the Missouri State Teachers Association during the time of the 1971 Paris Peace Talks, collection
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 6
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- United States 4
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Conscientious objectors -- United States 3
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Personal narratives, American 2
- Africa 1
- Arab-Israeli conflict -- Sources 1
- China 1
- Communism 1
- Ethnicity -- United States 1
- Human rights -- Central America 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Military discharge -- Kansas 1
- Pacifism -- Posters -- Specimens 1
- Peaceful change (International relations) 1
- Political posters -- 20th century -- Specimens 1
- Posters -- 20th century -- Specimens 1
- Protest literature -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Radicalism -- United States 1
- Radicalism -- United States -- Periodicals 1
- Recreational drug use -- Posters -- Specimens 1
- Socialism -- United States 1
- South America 1
- Student movements -- United States 1
- Student strikes 1
- Students -- Periodicals 1
- Students -- Political activity -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Posters -- Specimens 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Veterans -- Interviews 1
- War on Terrorism, 2001-2009 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Societies and clubs 1 ∧ less
- American Friends Service Committee 1
- Anderson, Mervyn, 1899-1996 1
- Anderson, Susan, active 1977 1
- Bunten, Dave 1
- Clodfelter, Micheal, 1946- 1
- Columbia University 1
- Columbia-Barnard SDS 1
- Embry, Dennis D., 1948- 1
- English, James B. 1
- Feldman, Sharon, 1946- 1
- Flora, Jan L., 1941- 1
- Friends in Council (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Goetze, David, 1949- 1
- Heron, David W. (David Winston), 1920- 1
- Katzman, David M. 1
- Lawrence Coalition for Peace and Justice (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Lawrence Peace Center (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- League of Women Voters (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- League of Women Voters of Kansas 1
- Magruder, Leonard MacKenzie, 1928-2015 1
- Miller, Brian Wade 1
- Moore, Anne H.T. 1
- Otto, David Arthur, 1934- 1
- Pearson , James B. (James Blackwood), 1920- 1
- Stevens Institute of Technology 1
- Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.) 1
- United Farm Workers Organizing Committee 1
- United States. Congress (91st, 2nd session : 1970-1971) 1
- University Women's Club (University of Kansas) 1
- University of Kansas. Department of History 1
- Vietnam Summer (Organization) 1
- Whitehead, Fred 1
- Zweig, Michael, 1942- 1 ∧ less
- French 2