Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This account book written in Flemish and French by Henry J. de Coster from 1790-1802 tracks his lumber trade financial dealings as he begins his business. "In coop boek, begonst met het jaar 1790" is written on the first free flyleaf. A number of leaves, which are notes on accounts often written on the versos of letters, etc., were removed from the book and are housed separately.
Bound volume containing 28 formerly independent items written by French-Swiss surgeon Laurent Garcin, written while he worked for the Dutch East India Company. Items include his logbooks, journals, essays, notes, letters, etc., focusing on such topics as natural history; voyages; politics; etc.
Jan Chiapusso taught piano in the School of Fine Arts at the University of Kansas from 1934-1960. His collection of personal papers includes primarily personal letters and business correspondence, manuscript pages for his book on 18th century composer Johann Sebastian Bach, photographs, research, publicity materials, sheet music, and clippings from magazines and newspapers.
- East Indies -- History -- 18th century 1
- Lumber trade -- Belgium -- Accounting 1
- Natural history -- India 1
- Piano -- Instruction and study -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Bach, Johann Sebastian, 1685-1750 1
- Chiapusso, Jan 1
- Coster, Henry J. de 1
- Environmental Research and Development Foundation 1
- Garcin, Laurent, 1683-1752 1