Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
This album of scenic views of buildings, topography and architectural details seems to been assembled by an amateur or student artist with the initials H.P. They probably record travels in Denmark, France, Switzerland and Britain circa 1889-1890, but some of the sketches may have been made from photographs.
The collection consists of Terry family history, photographs and correspondence. There are also papers related to Alvin Terry's education, time in the military, career and his avid interest in photography.
A collection of unrelated legal documents from different countries and other political entities in continental Europe, dating from approximately the 1300s to the early 1800s. Documents come from Germany, Austria, the Holy Roman Empire, Iberia, Italy, France, Belgium, and unknown geographic locations.
Charles Anthony Heller, born in Vienna, Austria and later becoming an American citizen, worked extensively in petroleum economics and politics. The Heller collection is concerned primarily with his work in this field.
Correspondence of Isidor Landau discussing theatre, as well as literature and social life. Includes 316 letters; 16 Manuscripts; 35 photographs; and 49 printed ephemeral items (posters, theatre-programs, etc.)
Collection of correspondence written to Olga Novikova, a 19th century cosmopolitan Pan-Slavic lobbyist, from influential English and European members of her salon.
This volume provides brief principles of military science, dating from 1747 and written in French. Included is a later plan of battle of Lobositz, October 1, 1756, added in German.
Hollis Dow Hedberg was a world famous geologist who would become Professor Emeritus at Princeton University. The majority of this collection relates to his work for the Gulf Oil Corporation in various capacities in Venezuela and later in their corporate offices.
Manual for an officer of the Imperial army, written by François Paul Martin, baron de Theillieres, who rose to the rank of colonel and commanded the troops of the Grand Duke of Tuscany. Volume concerns the Holy Roman Empire and Tuscany, Italy.
Charles D. Michener served as Professor of Entomology at the University of Kansas from 1948 until 1989, when he achieved Emeritus status. This collection consists primarily of correspondence reflecting Michener's research interests, as well as his activities in related professional organizations.
Jan Chiapusso taught piano in the School of Fine Arts at the University of Kansas from 1934-1960. His collection of personal papers includes primarily personal letters and business correspondence, manuscript pages for his book on 18th century composer Johann Sebastian Bach, photographs, research, publicity materials, sheet music, and clippings from magazines and newspapers.
John T. Alexander taught Russian/Soviet history in the History Department at the University of Kansas. This collection contains several manuscripts in various draft stages as well as class notes, class syllabi, bibliographic materials, his curriculum vitae, publication materials and articles, and other related materials from his academic career.
Marguerite Myers Kerfoot Baumgartel earned degrees from the University of Kansas and served as a professor of Visual Art Education there until her retirement in 1981. With her husband, Howard J. Baumgartel, she lived in India on six different occasions, and while there did research on sculpture of animals, especially elephants and makaras.
This collection consists of the personal papers of Peter Dunning Ashlock, which includes research, manuscripts, and publications. It is also comprised of travel information and materials from professional organizations. The collection also includes correspondence as well as newspapers and a map.
Robert "Bob" Hemenway was the sixteenth Chancellor at the University of Kansas. Materials in his collection include administrative documents from his time at KU and from previous posts at the University of Kentucky, the University of Wyoming, and the University of Oklahoma; his literary biography of Zora Neale Hurston; and his dissertation on Charles Brockden Brown, amongst other materials related to Hemenway's career.
Unbound political-legal tract: possibly a late draft
The collection includes several photographs, personal and professional letters, and other writings by authors, artists, American presidents, nobility, royalty, and other notable persons from the United States, British Isles, and Continental Europe, compiled by Robert B. Riss. English translations for some of the writings in other languages are included, as well as some labels and bookseller information. Links to digital versions for most items in this collection are also included.
XII Colloques ou dialogues escrits pour l’usage, et l’exercice en la langue francoyse, du M[onsieu]r George Frederic Comte de Solms
This collection is a single volume of dialogues to teach a German prince French and manners. It includes 12 dialogues in French, each with a French-German appendix (consisting of a Nomenclature [vocabulary], a Phraseologia, a list of proverbs, verses, etc.). Most dialogues reflect a young nobleman's daily life.
- Petroleum industry and trade 2
- American literature 1
- American literature -- African American authors 1
- Art -- Study and teaching -- United States -- History 1
- Autographs -- Collectors and collecting 1
- Bees -- Classification 1
- Chemistry, Analytic -- History 1
- Chemistry, Analytic -- Qualitative 1
- Denmark -- Description and travel 1
- Entomology -- Research 1
- Etiquette -- Early works to 1800 1
- Europe 1
- France -- Description and travel 1
- French language -- Study and teaching -- German speakers 1
- Geology -- Research 1
- Great Britain 1
- History -- Study and teaching -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Holy Roman Empire 1
- India 1
- Law of the sea 1
- Legal documents -- Europe 1
- Military education -- History 1
- Petroleum engineering 1
- Piano -- Instruction and study -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Russia 1
- Sculpture -- India -- History 1
- Seven Years War, 1756-1763 1
- Soviet Union 1
- Switzerland -- Description and travel 1
- Theater -- Europe 1
- Tuscany (Italy) 1 ∧ less
- Alexander, John T. 1
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists 1
- American Commission on Stratigraphic Nomenclature 1
- American Geological Institute 1
- American Petroleum Institute 1
- Ashlock, Peter D. 1
- Bach, Johann Sebastian, 1685-1750 1
- Bailey, E. H. S. (Edgar Henry Summerfield), 1848-1933 1
- Barnay, Ludwig, 1842-1924 1
- Baumgartel family 1
- Baumgartel, Marguerite Kerfoot, 1917-2009 1
- Berliner Börsen-Courier 1
- Blumenthal, Oscar, 1852-1917 1
- Brown, Charles Brockden, 1771-1810 1
- Burcher family 1
- Burcher, , Maude A., 1881- 1
- Burcher, Amelia E., 1858-1896 1
- Burcher, John S., 1851-1938 1
- Chiapusso, Jan 1
- Environmental Research and Development Foundation 1
- Froude, James Anthony, 1818-1894 1
- Geological Society of America 1
- Gladstone, W. E. (William Ewart), 1809-1898 1
- Gordon, Taylor, 1893-1971 1
- Gulf Oil Corporation 1
- H. P., active 1889-1890 1
- Haase, Friedrich, 1808-1867 1
- Hedberg, Hollis Dow, 1903- 1
- Heller, Charles A., 1891-1986 1
- Hemenway, Robert E., 1941-2015 1
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 1
- Hurston, Zora Neale 1
- International Geoscience Programme 1
- International Union of Geological Sciences. Commission on Stratigraphy 1
- International Union of Geological Sciences. International Subcommission on Stratigraphic Classification 1
- Kansas Art Education Association 1
- Kansas State Board of Health 1
- Keyserling, A., Graf (Alexander), 1815-1891 1
- Kinglake, Alexander William, 1809-1891 1
- Landau, Isidor, 1850-1944 1
- Landau, Louise, 1868-1952 1
- Laveleye, Emile de, 1822-1892 1
- Lindau, Paul, 1839-1919 1
- Martin, François Paul, baron de Theillieres, active 1729-1742 1
- Michener, Charles Duncan, 1918- 1
- Napier, Francis, Baron Napier and Ettrick, 1819-1898 1
- National Academy of Sciences (U.S.) 1
- National Art Education Association 1
- Nordau, Max Simon, 1849-1923 1
- Novikova, Olʹga Alekseevna, 1840-1925 1
- Princeton University. Deptartment of Geology 1
- Riss, Loretta D. 1
- Riss, Robert B. (Robert Bailey), 1927-2005 1
- Sauter family 1
- Terry family 1
- Terry, Alvin C., 1889-1950 1
- Terry, Alvin C., 1914-1992 1
- Terry, Henry S., 1862-1944 1
- Terry, John H., 1918- 1
- Terry, Pauline G., 1893-1987 1
- Terry, Sumner, 1887-1979 1
- Triesch, Irene, 1878- 1
- Tyndall, John, 1820-1893 1
- United Nations. Economic Commission for Asia and the Far East 1
- University of Kansas 1
- University of Kansas. Department of Entomology 1
- University of Kentucky 1
- University of Oklahoma 1
- University of Wyoming 1
- World Petroleum Congress 1 ∧ less
- English 15
- Spanish; Castilian 7
- Latin 4
- Italian 3
- Russian 3