Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
A collection of unrelated legal documents from different countries and other political entities in continental Europe, dating from approximately the 1300s to the early 1800s. Documents come from Germany, Austria, the Holy Roman Empire, Iberia, Italy, France, Belgium, and unknown geographic locations.
This collection consists of correspondence, letters, photographs, articles, books, and other materials pertaining to Saint Philippine Duchesne, from research conducted by Beverly Boyd, a former English Department faculty member at the University of Kansas who has written extensively about the saint. The collection includes information relating to Duchesne's life and accomplishments as well as her canonization in 1988 and interest about and insight into her life from a variety of cultures.
Group of songs, without music, collected into a single volume, possibly in France. Includes love songs, light songs, drinking songs, political songs. Napoleon is mentioned; sometimes gives name of tune or of opera.
The Gaufridy Collection includes 1,880 manuscript letters and documents received by the Marquis de Sade's estate manager, Gaspard Gaufridy, and other materials from the Marquis, his wife, and other correspondents during the last quarter of the 18th century. The correspondence primarily concerns the management of the de Sade family estates. Also present are draft transcriptions in modernized French prepared in the mid-1960s by University of Kansas faculty and their students.
Bound book of poems, annotated. Fair copy (holograph?) made apparently to present to the dedicatee, "Madame la Comtesse Blanche Uggeri de la Somaglia" (Somaglia, Bianca Uggeri Capece della, 1743-1822, of Piacenza). The volume includes social verses with semi-biographical notes on the Parisians who inspired them and their own poems. There are also some political allusions.
A collection of photostat copies compiled by James F. Spoerri of Irish-born author James Joyce letters, primarily to publisher Grant Richards; poet Ezra Pound; Irish writer James Stephens; Joyce's daughter, Lucia Joyce; Joyce's sister, Eileen Joyce Shaurek, and others. The backs of some of the photostats are annotated with a repository name. Collection also includes some newspaper clippings and reprints of prospectuses for the novel Ulysses.
Papers of Lady Pauline Trevelyan, 1827-1866, and other family members, 1809-1879, Great Britain and Europe
John T. Alexander taught Russian/Soviet history in the History Department at the University of Kansas. This collection contains several manuscripts in various draft stages as well as class notes, class syllabi, bibliographic materials, his curriculum vitae, publication materials and articles, and other related materials from his academic career.
The collection consists of a scrapbook of correspondence and associated newspaper clippings with Charles Clayton in Taipei, Taiwan, 1961 to 1962; uncorrected proofs of Baruch: The Public Years; and a scrapbook of the TWA World Press Tour of 1950.
The collection includes several photographs, personal and professional letters, and other writings by authors, artists, American presidents, nobility, royalty, and other notable persons from the United States, British Isles, and Continental Europe, compiled by Robert B. Riss. English translations for some of the writings in other languages are included, as well as some labels and bookseller information. Links to digital versions for most items in this collection are also included.
Letters from and to Christina, Dante Gabriel, William Michael (and his wife Lucy Madox Brown) Rossetti and their father Gabriele Rossetti.
This collection consists of family papers, correspondence, bound books, and various other material of the Sotheby family of Pocklington, Yorkshire, England
This collection of William Inge's papers contains manuscripts for many of his plays, some correspondence and photographs of his sculpture work, and a number of articles written and/or published between 1950 and 1976.
- Authors, Irish -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, Italian -- 19th century 1
- Autographs -- Collectors and collecting 1
- Drinking songs -- France 1
- Fables, French 1
- France -- History -- 18th century 1
- France -- Intellectual life -- 18th century 1
- France -- Social life and customs -- 18th century 1
- French poetry -- 18th century 1
- History -- Study and teaching -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Italy -- History -- 18th century 1
- Legal documents -- Europe 1
- Parma and Piacenza (Duchy) 1
- Salons 1
- Songs, French 1
- Songs, Italian 1
- Soviet Union 1
- Tales -- France 1
- Women -- France -- Biography 1 ∧ less
- Agresti, Olivia Rossetti 1
- Alexander, John T. 1
- Argental, Charles-Augustin de Ferriol, comte d', 1700-1788 1
- Boyd, Beverly, 1925- 1
- De Lama, Giuseppe, 1757-1833 1
- Duchesne, Philippine, Saint, 1769-1852. 1
- Gaufridy, Gaspard Francois Xavier, active 1774-1800 1
- Inge, William 1
- Jolly family 1
- Joyce, James, 1882-1941 1
- La Coss, Louis, 1890-1966 1
- Riss, Loretta D. 1
- Riss, Robert B. (Robert Bailey), 1927-2005 1
- Rossetti family 1
- Rossetti, Christina Georgina, 1830-1894 1
- Rossetti, Dante Gabriel, 1828-1882 1
- Rossetti, Gabriele, 1783-1854 1
- Rossetti, Lucy Madox Brown, 1843-1894 1
- Rossetti, William Michael, 1829-1919 1
- Sade family. 1
- Sade, marquis de, 1740-1814 1
- Sade, marquise de (Renée-Pélagie), 1741-1810 1
- Siddall, Elizabeth 1
- Somaglia, Bianca Uggeri Capece della, 1743-1822 1
- Sotheby (Family : 1650-1900 : Pocklington, England) 1
- Spoerri, James Fuller, 1899-1969 1
- Trevelyan, Pauline, Lady, 1816-1866 1
- Vimeux family 1 ∧ less
- English 10
- Spanish; Castilian 4
- German 3
- Latin 3
- Egyptian (Ancient) 1