Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection consists of a single letter written by an amanuenses for Claude Petiet, the French Minister of War, regarding backpay for the gendarmes. Written on both sides of a single sheet, the letterhead states "Liberte Egalite" with a motif in the middle for the French Republic.
The Gaufridy Collection includes 1,880 manuscript letters and documents received by the Marquis de Sade's estate manager, Gaspard Gaufridy, and other materials from the Marquis, his wife, and other correspondents during the last quarter of the 18th century. The correspondence primarily concerns the management of the de Sade family estates. Also present are draft transcriptions in modernized French prepared in the mid-1960s by University of Kansas faculty and their students.
"Correspondence secrète et familière de M. de Maupeou Chancelier de France avec M. de Sorhouet con[seill]er du nouveau Parlement." Correspondence of Mathieu François Pidansat de Mairobert, 1727-1779, copied into a volume.
- France -- History -- 18th century 2
- France -- History -- Revolution, 1789-1799 -- Sources 1
- Soldiers -- France -- History -- 18th century -- Sources 1
- Gaufridy, Gaspard Francois Xavier, active 1774-1800 1
- Mairobert, , François Mathieu Pidanzat de, 1727-1779 1
- Maupeou, René-Nicolas-Charles-Augustin de, 1714-1792 1
- Petiet, Claude, 1749-1806 1
- Sade family. 1