Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
A collection of unrelated legal documents from different countries and other political entities in continental Europe, dating from approximately the 1300s to the early 1800s. Documents come from Germany, Austria, the Holy Roman Empire, Iberia, Italy, France, Belgium, and unknown geographic locations.
Marilyn Stokstad joined the Art History faculty at the University of Kansas in 1958 and led the department in several roles before earning emerita status as the Judith Harris Murphy Distinguished Professor of Art History. This collection of her papers includes notes, chapters, and proofs for the textbook Art History, family history and photographs, personal and professional correspondence, and reports and notes related to the University of Kansas.
Fair copy of a collection of short biographies and historical texts. From the main title-page: "Raccolta d'istorie della nobile, e real famiglia de Medici the regnarono in Toscana. Tutte manoscritte. Divise in tre toms, con altro tomo contenente otto fatti tragici seguiti in tempo di governo."
The collection includes several photographs, personal and professional letters, and other writings by authors, artists, American presidents, nobility, royalty, and other notable persons from the United States, British Isles, and Continental Europe, compiled by Robert B. Riss. English translations for some of the writings in other languages are included, as well as some labels and bookseller information. Links to digital versions for most items in this collection are also included.
Collection of poetry written in two hands (A and B).
This collection consists of family papers, correspondence, bound books, and various other material of the Sotheby family of Pocklington, Yorkshire, England
- Account books -- Italy 1
- Art -- History -- Study and teaching 1
- Autographs -- Collectors and collecting 1
- Florence (Italy) 1
- Hospitalers -- Italy 1
- Italian poetry -- 16th century 1
- Legal documents -- Europe 1
- Mural painting and decoration, Norwegian 1
- Santiago de Compostela (Spain) 1 ∧ less
- Cini, Giulio, active 16th century 1
- Convento della SS. Annunziata (Florence, Italy) 1
- Helen Foresman Spencer Museum of Art 1
- Medici family 1
- Ospitaliere di Santo Spirito (Puglia, Italy) 1
- Riss, Loretta D. 1
- Riss, Robert B. (Robert Bailey), 1927-2005 1
- Sabbioneta (Italy) 1
- Sotheby (Family : 1650-1900 : Pocklington, England) 1
- Stokstad , Marilyn, 1929-2016 1 ∧ less
- English 3
- French 3
- German 3
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Chinese 1