Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
A collection of unrelated legal documents from different countries and other political entities in continental Europe, dating from approximately the 1300s to the early 1800s. Documents come from Germany, Austria, the Holy Roman Empire, Iberia, Italy, France, Belgium, and unknown geographic locations.
This collection consists of correspondence, letters, photographs, articles, books, and other materials pertaining to Saint Philippine Duchesne, from research conducted by Beverly Boyd, a former English Department faculty member at the University of Kansas who has written extensively about the saint. The collection includes information relating to Duchesne's life and accomplishments as well as her canonization in 1988 and interest about and insight into her life from a variety of cultures.
The collection consists of a scrapbook of correspondence and associated newspaper clippings with Charles Clayton in Taipei, Taiwan, 1961 to 1962; uncorrected proofs of Baruch: The Public Years; and a scrapbook of the TWA World Press Tour of 1950.
Marilyn Stokstad joined the Art History faculty at the University of Kansas in 1958 and led the department in several roles before earning emerita status as the Judith Harris Murphy Distinguished Professor of Art History. This collection of her papers includes notes, chapters, and proofs for the textbook Art History, family history and photographs, personal and professional correspondence, and reports and notes related to the University of Kansas.
Book containing a fair copy of a collection of poems in the author's hand, probably written in Madrid, Spain. Contains a signed dedication, dedicatory [?] poem to Jacopo Boncempagni, and 26 other sonetos, canciones, villancicos, and stanze, some macaronic with Italian.
Richard Rhodes, born in Kansas City, Kansas, is a Pulitzer Prize-winning author whose many books and articles reflect his wide ranging subject interests. In these papers are manuscripts of his writings, copies of his many published works, related correspondence, some personal material and photographs, and the author's extensive research files, containing more than one hundred audio tapes of interviews that he conducted.
The collection includes several photographs, personal and professional letters, and other writings by authors, artists, American presidents, nobility, royalty, and other notable persons from the United States, British Isles, and Continental Europe, compiled by Robert B. Riss. English translations for some of the writings in other languages are included, as well as some labels and bookseller information. Links to digital versions for most items in this collection are also included.
- Adult child sexual abuse victims -- United States -- Case studies 1
- Art -- History -- Study and teaching 1
- Atomic bomb -- History 1
- Autographs -- Collectors and collecting 1
- Criminal psychology -- Case studies 1
- Donner Party -- Fiction 1
- Fantasy fiction 1
- Germany -- History -- 1933-1945 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) 1
- Legal documents -- Europe 1
- Middle West -- Social life and customs 1
- Mural painting and decoration, Norwegian 1
- Nuclear energy -- United States 1
- Orgasm 1
- Ozark Mountains -- Description and travel 1
- Prion diseases -- Popular works 1
- Santiago de Compostela (Spain) 1
- Science fiction 1
- Spanish poetry -- Classical period, 1500-1700 1
- Technology -- History -- 20th century 1 ∧ less
- Alvarez, Luis W., 1911-1988 1
- Amgott, Milton, 1918-2000 1
- Athens, Lonnie H. 1
- Audubon, John James, 1785-1851 1
- Boyd, Beverly, 1925- 1
- Duchesne, Philippine, Saint, 1769-1852. 1
- Helen Foresman Spencer Museum of Art 1
- La Coss, Louis, 1890-1966 1
- Lainez, Pedro, 1538?-1584 1
- Lord, Sterling, 1920- 1
- McCauley, Kirby 1
- Mills, Robert P. (Robert Park), 1920-1986 1
- Rhodes, Richard, 1937- 1
- Riss, Loretta D. 1
- Riss, Robert B. (Robert Bailey), 1927-2005 1
- Stokstad , Marilyn, 1929-2016 1
- Sturgeon family 1
- Sturgeon, Christine Hamilton Dicker, 1897-1963 1
- Sturgeon, Marion 1
- Sturgeon, Noël 1
- Sturgeon, Peter A., 1916-2005 1
- Sturgeon, Theodore 1
- Theodore Sturgeon Literary Trust 1 ∧ less
- English 6
- German 5
- French 4
- Latin 3
- Japanese 2