Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Group of songs, without music, collected into a single volume, possibly in France. Includes love songs, light songs, drinking songs, political songs. Napoleon is mentioned; sometimes gives name of tune or of opera.
14 Italian manuscripts bound together, regarding the politics of Italy, the Church, France, England, and the Holy Roman Empire.
The Gaufridy Collection includes 1,880 manuscript letters and documents received by the Marquis de Sade's estate manager, Gaspard Gaufridy, and other materials from the Marquis, his wife, and other correspondents during the last quarter of the 18th century. The correspondence primarily concerns the management of the de Sade family estates. Also present are draft transcriptions in modernized French prepared in the mid-1960s by University of Kansas faculty and their students.
Bound book of poems, annotated. Fair copy (holograph?) made apparently to present to the dedicatee, "Madame la Comtesse Blanche Uggeri de la Somaglia" (Somaglia, Bianca Uggeri Capece della, 1743-1822, of Piacenza). The volume includes social verses with semi-biographical notes on the Parisians who inspired them and their own poems. There are also some political allusions.
- Authors, Italian -- 19th century 1
- Drinking songs -- France 1
- England 1
- Fables, French 1
- France 1
- France -- History -- 18th century 1
- France -- Intellectual life -- 18th century 1
- France -- Social life and customs -- 18th century 1
- French poetry -- 18th century 1
- Holy Roman Empire 1
- Italy 1
- Italy -- History -- 18th century 1
- Parma and Piacenza (Duchy) 1
- Salons 1
- Songs, French 1
- Songs, Italian 1
- Tales -- France 1
- Women -- France -- Biography 1 ∧ less
- Argental, Charles-Augustin de Ferriol, comte d', 1700-1788 1
- De Lama, Giuseppe, 1757-1833 1
- Gaufridy, Gaspard Francois Xavier, active 1774-1800 1
- Jolly family 1
- Sade family. 1