Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
From the early 1980s through the 2000s, Bob Swan organized several major United States-Soviet initiatives to improve relations between the two nations and their citizens. This collection consists of manuscript material, publications, audio-visual materials, and objects related to Swan's initiatives and to his interest in the culture and history of the countries that made up the Soviet Union.
This collection contains various Cold War-era peace posters and artworks from various sources, countries, and organizations. Includes posters from religious organizations, such as Quaker and Mennonite groups, as well as organizations formed specifically for peace and against nuclear armament, and university and municipal groups.
John T. Alexander taught Russian/Soviet history in the History Department at the University of Kansas. This collection contains several manuscripts in various draft stages as well as class notes, class syllabi, bibliographic materials, his curriculum vitae, publication materials and articles, and other related materials from his academic career.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Soviet Union 3
- Soviet Union -- Foreign relations -- United States 2
- Cold War 1
- History -- Study and teaching -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Nuclear disarmament 1
- Peace movements -- History -- 20th century 1
- Peaceful change (International relations) 1
- Soviet Union 1 ∧ less
- Alexander, John T. 1
- Meeting for Peace Foundation 1
- Swan, Robert Austin, 1942- 1
- Thurmaier, Kurt M., 1957- 1
- German 2
- Italian 2
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- French 1
- Japanese 1
- Polish 1 ∧ less