Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
A collection of unrelated legal documents from different countries and other political entities in continental Europe, dating from approximately the 1300s to the early 1800s. Documents come from Germany, Austria, the Holy Roman Empire, Iberia, Italy, France, Belgium, and unknown geographic locations.
Charles Anthony Heller, born in Vienna, Austria and later becoming an American citizen, worked extensively in petroleum economics and politics. The Heller collection is concerned primarily with his work in this field.
Hollis Dow Hedberg was a world famous geologist who would become Professor Emeritus at Princeton University. The majority of this collection relates to his work for the Gulf Oil Corporation in various capacities in Venezuela and later in their corporate offices.
Charles D. Michener served as Professor of Entomology at the University of Kansas from 1948 until 1989, when he achieved Emeritus status. This collection consists primarily of correspondence reflecting Michener's research interests, as well as his activities in related professional organizations.
This collection consists of the personal papers of Peter Dunning Ashlock, which includes research, manuscripts, and publications. It is also comprised of travel information and materials from professional organizations. The collection also includes correspondence as well as newspapers and a map.
Robert "Bob" Hemenway was the sixteenth Chancellor at the University of Kansas. Materials in his collection include administrative documents from his time at KU and from previous posts at the University of Kentucky, the University of Wyoming, and the University of Oklahoma; his literary biography of Zora Neale Hurston; and his dissertation on Charles Brockden Brown, amongst other materials related to Hemenway's career.
The collection includes several photographs, personal and professional letters, and other writings by authors, artists, American presidents, nobility, royalty, and other notable persons from the United States, British Isles, and Continental Europe, compiled by Robert B. Riss. English translations for some of the writings in other languages are included, as well as some labels and bookseller information. Links to digital versions for most items in this collection are also included.
- Petroleum industry and trade 2
- American literature 1
- American literature -- African American authors 1
- Autographs -- Collectors and collecting 1
- Bees -- Classification 1
- Entomology -- Research 1
- Geology -- Research 1
- Law of the sea 1
- Legal documents -- Europe 1
- Petroleum engineering 1 ∧ less
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists 1
- American Commission on Stratigraphic Nomenclature 1
- American Geological Institute 1
- American Petroleum Institute 1
- Ashlock, Peter D. 1
- Brown, Charles Brockden, 1771-1810 1
- Geological Society of America 1
- Gordon, Taylor, 1893-1971 1
- Gulf Oil Corporation 1
- Hedberg, Hollis Dow, 1903- 1
- Heller, Charles A., 1891-1986 1
- Hemenway, Robert E., 1941-2015 1
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 1
- Hurston, Zora Neale 1
- International Geoscience Programme 1
- International Union of Geological Sciences. Commission on Stratigraphy 1
- International Union of Geological Sciences. International Subcommission on Stratigraphic Classification 1
- Michener, Charles Duncan, 1918- 1
- National Academy of Sciences (U.S.) 1
- Princeton University. Deptartment of Geology 1
- Riss, Loretta D. 1
- Riss, Robert B. (Robert Bailey), 1927-2005 1
- United Nations. Economic Commission for Asia and the Far East 1
- University of Kansas. Department of Entomology 1
- University of Kentucky 1
- University of Oklahoma 1
- University of Wyoming 1
- World Petroleum Congress 1 ∧ less
- English 6
- Italian 2
- Latin 2
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1