Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
A collection of unrelated legal documents from different countries and other political entities in continental Europe, dating from approximately the 1300s to the early 1800s. Documents come from Germany, Austria, the Holy Roman Empire, Iberia, Italy, France, Belgium, and unknown geographic locations.
This collection consists of correspondence, letters, photographs, articles, books, and other materials pertaining to Saint Philippine Duchesne, from research conducted by Beverly Boyd, a former English Department faculty member at the University of Kansas who has written extensively about the saint. The collection includes information relating to Duchesne's life and accomplishments as well as her canonization in 1988 and interest about and insight into her life from a variety of cultures.
Charles Anthony Heller, born in Vienna, Austria and later becoming an American citizen, worked extensively in petroleum economics and politics. The Heller collection is concerned primarily with his work in this field.
The collection contains a large number of letters concerning Christine Sturgeon's family life, her travels, her submitted writings/sketches, and the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom. It also contains a collection of written works by Christine and her second husband Argyll, including drafts, manuscripts, and published materials, both poetry and prose. Finally there are a number of keepsakes from Christine's travels.
This first-line index to Arthur Case's Bibliography of English Poetical Miscellanies, 1521-1750 was a collaborative project of Richard Charles Boys and Arthur Mizener. They had gone through the miscellanies listed by Case, writing down the first line of each poem on a slip of paper and stamping the slip with the Case item numbers, making notations of variant forms on the same line on the front or back of the slip, and sometimes noting the author.
Correspondence, notes on law and history, financial records, and scrapbooks, etc., belonging to Ernesto Alvarado García (1904-1972) of Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
Hollis Dow Hedberg was a world famous geologist who would become Professor Emeritus at Princeton University. The majority of this collection relates to his work for the Gulf Oil Corporation in various capacities in Venezuela and later in their corporate offices.
Charles D. Michener served as Professor of Entomology at the University of Kansas from 1948 until 1989, when he achieved Emeritus status. This collection consists primarily of correspondence reflecting Michener's research interests, as well as his activities in related professional organizations.
The collection consists of a scrapbook of correspondence and associated newspaper clippings with Charles Clayton in Taipei, Taiwan, 1961 to 1962; uncorrected proofs of Baruch: The Public Years; and a scrapbook of the TWA World Press Tour of 1950.
This collection consists of the personal papers of Peter Dunning Ashlock, which includes research, manuscripts, and publications. It is also comprised of travel information and materials from professional organizations. The collection also includes correspondence as well as newspapers and a map.
The collection consists of the artwork, photography, and teaching materials of Philip Henderson. Also included is correspondence and various materials of Philip's parents, Dwight and Edith, as well as journals of Philip and Edith Henderson.
Robert "Bob" Hemenway was the sixteenth Chancellor at the University of Kansas. Materials in his collection include administrative documents from his time at KU and from previous posts at the University of Kentucky, the University of Wyoming, and the University of Oklahoma; his literary biography of Zora Neale Hurston; and his dissertation on Charles Brockden Brown, amongst other materials related to Hemenway's career.
The collection includes several photographs, personal and professional letters, and other writings by authors, artists, American presidents, nobility, royalty, and other notable persons from the United States, British Isles, and Continental Europe, compiled by Robert B. Riss. English translations for some of the writings in other languages are included, as well as some labels and bookseller information. Links to digital versions for most items in this collection are also included.
William Burroughs (1914-1997) was a prominent writer and countercultural figure associated with the "Beats." This collection includes correspondence, copies of the My Own Mag magazine and materials related to its production, and other related materials.
- Petroleum industry and trade 2
- American literature 1
- American literature -- African American authors 1
- Artists -- Kansas -- Correspondence 1
- Arts -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Autographs -- Collectors and collecting 1
- Bees -- Classification 1
- Entomology -- Research 1
- Geology -- Research 1
- Law of the sea 1
- Legal documents -- Europe 1
- Petroleum engineering 1 ∧ less
- Alvarado García, Ernesto 1
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists 1
- American Commission on Stratigraphic Nomenclature 1
- American Geological Institute 1
- American Petroleum Institute 1
- Ashlock, Peter D. 1
- Boyd, Beverly, 1925- 1
- Boys, Richard C. (Richard Charles), 1912-1975 1
- Brown, Charles Brockden, 1771-1810 1
- Burroughs, William S., 1914-1997 1
- Duchesne, Philippine, Saint, 1769-1852. 1
- Geological Society of America 1
- Gordon, Taylor, 1893-1971 1
- Gulf Oil Corporation 1
- Hedberg, Hollis Dow, 1903- 1
- Heller, Charles A., 1891-1986 1
- Hemenway, Robert E., 1941-2015 1
- Henderson, Philip L., 1911-1998 1
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 1
- Hurston, Zora Neale 1
- International Geoscience Programme 1
- International Union of Geological Sciences. Commission on Stratigraphy 1
- International Union of Geological Sciences. International Subcommission on Stratigraphic Classification 1
- La Coss, Louis, 1890-1966 1
- Michener, Charles Duncan, 1918- 1
- Mizener, Arthur 1
- National Academy of Sciences (U.S.) 1
- Princeton University. Deptartment of Geology 1
- Riss, Loretta D. 1
- Riss, Robert B. (Robert Bailey), 1927-2005 1
- Sturgeon, Christine Hamilton Dicker, 1897-1963 1
- Sturgeon, Tandy J. 1
- United Nations. Economic Commission for Asia and the Far East 1
- University of Kansas. Department of Entomology 1
- University of Kentucky 1
- University of Oklahoma 1
- University of Wyoming 1
- Women's International League for Peace and Freedom 1
- World Petroleum Congress 1 ∧ less
- English 13
- German 7
- Italian 4
- Latin 2
- Portuguese 2