Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
A collection of unrelated legal documents from different countries and other political entities in continental Europe, dating from approximately the 1300s to the early 1800s. Documents come from Germany, Austria, the Holy Roman Empire, Iberia, Italy, France, Belgium, and unknown geographic locations.
This is a manuscript in ink of theological writings in Latin dictated in 1795 by Joanne Josepho Arce, master of sacred theology, to Petrus Josephus Barriga, theologian at the College (Seminary) of Saint Jerome in Arequipa, Peru. The volume is bound in vellum and there is a partly legible poem in Spanish on the front cover.
Marilyn Stokstad joined the Art History faculty at the University of Kansas in 1958 and led the department in several roles before earning emerita status as the Judith Harris Murphy Distinguished Professor of Art History. This collection of her papers includes notes, chapters, and proofs for the textbook Art History, family history and photographs, personal and professional correspondence, and reports and notes related to the University of Kansas.
The collection includes several photographs, personal and professional letters, and other writings by authors, artists, American presidents, nobility, royalty, and other notable persons from the United States, British Isles, and Continental Europe, compiled by Robert B. Riss. English translations for some of the writings in other languages are included, as well as some labels and bookseller information. Links to digital versions for most items in this collection are also included.
Printed pamphlets and newsletters, etc., bound together with manuscript items, regarding Spanish political relations with other European countries. Places covered by the volume include Seville, Madrid, Rome, Brussels, Vienna, London, Brixen, and Konigsgraz.
- Art -- History -- Study and teaching 1
- Autographs -- Collectors and collecting 1
- Christian life -- Spain 1
- Legal documents -- Europe 1
- Missionaries -- China 1
- Monasticism and religious orders -- History -- Modern period, 1500- 1
- Mural painting and decoration, Norwegian 1
- Santiago de Compostela (Spain) 1
- Spain 1
- Spain -- Foreign relations -- 1516-1700 1
- Spain -- Foreign relations -- 18th century 1 ∧ less
- Arce, Joanne Josepho 1
- Convento de la Madre de Dios (Torrelaguna, Spain) 1
- Helen Foresman Spencer Museum of Art 1
- Riss, Loretta D. 1
- Riss, Robert B. (Robert Bailey), 1927-2005 1