Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection of posters from different Latin American countries covers a wide range of subjects relevant to the geographical region. The posters range in date from the 1970s to the 1990s.
Correspondence, notes on law and history, financial records, and scrapbooks, etc., belonging to Ernesto Alvarado García (1904-1972) of Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
Charles D. Michener served as Professor of Entomology at the University of Kansas from 1948 until 1989, when he achieved Emeritus status. This collection consists primarily of correspondence reflecting Michener's research interests, as well as his activities in related professional organizations.
Philip S. Humphrey joined the faculty at the University of Kansas as the Director of the Natural History Museum in 1967. As Director, Humphrey oversaw two expansions of the Natural History Museum (Dyche Hall). The collection includes correspondence, research data, reports, journals, and manuscripts.
Scrapbook, with additional loosely inserted materials, concerning the assumption of the Paraguayan presidency by Andrés Rodríguez in 1989, replacing longtime President Alfredo Stroessner. Consists of newspapers from Asunción, Paraguay; Brazil; and eleven periodical photocopies from the United States of America.
Printed pamphlets and newsletters, etc., bound together with manuscript items, regarding Spanish political relations with other European countries. Places covered by the volume include Seville, Madrid, Rome, Brussels, Vienna, London, Brixen, and Konigsgraz.
William H. Brow served twice as the in-country Director of the University of Kansas Study Abroad program in Costa Rica. Fluent in both Spanish and Portuguese, he also worked as a literary translator. The collection contains translations of manuscripts for two books originally published in Latin America and correspondence for KU’s Study Abroad spring 1976 season.
- Bees -- Classification 1
- Latin America -- Posters 1
- Ornithology 1
- Paraguay -- History -- Coup d'état, 1989 1
- Paraguay -- Politics and government -- 1989- 1
- Spain -- Foreign relations -- 1516-1700 1
- Spain -- Foreign relations -- 18th century 1
- Zoology -- Research 1 ∧ less
- Alvarado García, Ernesto 1
- Argueta, Manlio, 1935- 1
- Boal, Augusto 1
- Brow, William H., 1937- 1
- Griffith, William J. (William Joyce), 1908- 1
- Humphrey, Philip S. (Philip Strong), 1926-2009 1
- Michener, Charles Duncan, 1918- 1
- Rodríguez, Ándrés, 1923-1997 1
- Smithsonian Institution 1
- Stroessner, Alfredo, 1912-2006 1
- Stuart de Rothesay, Charles Stuart, Baron, 1779-1845 1
- University of Kansas. Department of Entomology 1
- University of Kansas. Museum of Natural History 1 ∧ less
- English 5
- French 2
- German 2
- Latin 1