Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
School of Architecture class projects led by Curtis Besinger when he taught at the University of Kansas. Includes architectural surveys of historic sites in Douglas County, the larger state of Kansas, and some locations in Kansas City, Missouri.
This collection mainly consists of correspondence and writings about the life and work of architect Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959), but also includes some of his speeches, articles, and architectural specifications.
Architectural drawings of buildings in Kansas City and Wichita, correspondence, class reports, measured drawings, photographs, and miscellaneous items.
The Curtis Besinger collection is made up of correspondence, papers, photographs, plans, and printed books and periodicals reflecting Besinger's life as a University of Kansas graduate, Taliesin Fellow under Frank Lloyd Wright's tutelage, WWII conscientious objector, KU architecture professor, author of Working with Mr. Wright: What It Was Like, and architect.
This collection is comprised of the records of the Uversity of Kansas School of Architecture and Urban Design.
- Names: Besinger, Curtis X
- Architecture -- Designs and plans 2
- Architecture 1
- Architecture -- Missouri -- Kansas City -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- Missouri -- Saint Louis -- Pictorial works 1
- Historic buildings 1
- Beal, George Malcolm, 1897- 2
- Wright, Frank Lloyd, 1867-1959 2
- Comee, Fred T. 1
- Curtiss, Louis Singleton, 1865-1924 1
- Galloway, Thomas D. 1
- Gaunt, John 1
- George, W. Eugene, 1922-2013 1
- Goldsmith, Goldwin 1
- Kahn, Charles (Architecture) 1
- Kellogg, Joseph M. (Joseph Mitchell), 1885- 1
- Logan, Ron (Of University of Kansas) 1
- Lucas, William M., Jr., 1934-2015 1
- Martinez, Jose Fernando 1
- Maycock, David P. 1
- Mayo, James M. 1
- Norcross, Elizabeth Gordon, 1906-2000 1
- Pontius, Kenny 1
- Saile, David G. 1
- Schwartzkopf, Lynn William 1
- Taliesin Fellowship 1
- University of Kansas. School of Architecture and Urban Design 1
- Wright, Olgivanna Lloyd 1 ∧ less