Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The Douglass Hospital Auxiliary records are those of a Kansas City, Kansas organization dedicated to improving the building, equipment, and services of Douglass Hospital through volunteer efforts and fundraising. The records date from 1951 to 1953 and consist of a small number of items, including historical information and clippings. Folder arrangement is alphabetical. Photographs from the collection are located at RH MS-P P661 and oversize materials are at RH MS Q181.
This collection consists of a 5-page typed history of Douglass Hospital in Kansas City, Kansas from 1898 to the mid-1950s, written by Eugene H. Kelly.
The Memorabilia of Frances E. Kitchen are those of a longtime Kansas resident who worked as a nurse at both Western University and Douglass Hospital in Kansas City, Kansas. Items in the collection include a nameplate and two plaques. The collection's one photograph is housed at RH MS-P 1148.
The Viola L. (Tyree) Lisben Papers are those of a longtime Kansan who graduated from the Douglass Hospital nurse training program and served as a nurse in the Kansas City area.
Dr. S.H. Thompson, Sr. was a founder of Douglass Hospital, a facility dedicated to the care of African Americans in Kansas City, Kansas. His son, S.H. Thompson, Jr., served as principal of Sumner High School (Kansas City, Kansas) from 1951-1972. The collection includes papers and photographs of both S.H. Thompson, Jr. and Sr., as well as material from other family members.
- Names: Douglass Hospital (Kansas City, Kan.) X
- African Americans -- Hospitals -- Kansas -- Kansas City 4
- African American nurses -- Kansas -- Kansas City 2
- African Americans -- Hospitals -- Kansas -- History 2
- Nurses -- Kansas -- Kansas City 2
- African American educators -- Kansas 1
- African American nurses 1
- African American physicians -- Kansas 1
- African American women -- Kansas -- Kansas City -- Societies and clubs 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1 ∧ less
- Western University (Kansas) 2
- Douglass Hospital (Kansas City, Kan.). Auxiliary 1
- Douglass Hospital (Kansas City, Kan.). Training School 1
- Hampton Institute 1
- Kelly, Eugene H. 1