Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Call Number: RH MS P681
Overview The Douglass Hospital Training School records are those of the Douglass Hospital school for nurses in Kansas City, Kansas, dating from 1898 to 1989. The collection includes a brief school history; newspaper clippings about Frances McWilliams Booth and Frances Kitchen, both of whom graduated from the school and were later nurses at the hospital; and several photographic snapshots of nurses before and after participating in the school, which are located at RH MS-P P681. Oversize clippings have...
Dates: 1898 - 1989
Call Number: RH MS 1148
Overview The Memorabilia of Frances E. Kitchen are those of a longtime Kansas resident who worked as a nurse at both Western University and Douglass Hospital in Kansas City, Kansas. Items in the collection include a nameplate and two plaques. The collection's one photograph is housed at RH MS-P 1148.
Dates: 1954, 1976, undated
Call Number: RH MS P567
Overview The Viola L. (Tyree) Lisben Papers are those of a longtime Kansan who graduated from the Douglass Hospital nurse training program and served as a nurse in the Kansas City area.
Dates: 1930 - 1970
- African American nurses -- Kansas -- Kansas City 2
- African Americans -- Hospitals -- Kansas -- Kansas City 2
- African American nurses 1
- Nurses -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- Nurses--Kansas--Kansas City. 1
- Western University (Kansas) 2
- Douglass Hospital (Kansas City, Kan.). Training School 1
- Kitchen, Frances E. 1
- Lisben, Viola Tyree 1
- Robinson, Rosa Alexander 1
- Washington, Louise 1 ∧ less