Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Call Number: RH MS P661
Overview The Douglass Hospital Auxiliary records are those of a Kansas City, Kansas organization dedicated to improving the building, equipment, and services of Douglass Hospital through volunteer efforts and fundraising. The records date from 1951 to 1953 and consist of a small number of items, including historical information and clippings. Folder arrangement is alphabetical. Photographs from the collection are located at RH MS-P P661 and oversize materials are at RH MS Q181.
Dates: 1951 - 1953
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P214
Overview This collection consists of a 5-page typed history of Douglass Hospital in Kansas City, Kansas from 1898 to the mid-1950s, written by Eugene H. Kelly.
Dates: approximately 1957
Call Number: RH MS P681
Overview The Douglass Hospital Training School records are those of the Douglass Hospital school for nurses in Kansas City, Kansas, dating from 1898 to 1989. The collection includes a brief school history; newspaper clippings about Frances McWilliams Booth and Frances Kitchen, both of whom graduated from the school and were later nurses at the hospital; and several photographic snapshots of nurses before and after participating in the school, which are located at RH MS-P P681. Oversize clippings have...
Dates: 1898 - 1989
Call Number: RH MS P567
Overview The Viola L. (Tyree) Lisben Papers are those of a longtime Kansan who graduated from the Douglass Hospital nurse training program and served as a nurse in the Kansas City area.
Dates: 1930 - 1970
- African American nurses -- Kansas -- Kansas City 2
- African American women -- Kansas -- Kansas City -- Societies and clubs 1
- African Americans -- Hospitals -- Kansas -- History 1
- Nurses -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- Nurses--Kansas--Kansas City. 1
- Douglass Hospital (Kansas City, Kan.). Auxiliary 1
- Douglass Hospital (Kansas City, Kan.). Training School 1
- Kelly, Eugene H. 1
- Lisben, Viola Tyree 1
- Robinson, Rosa Alexander 1
- Western University (Kansas) 1 ∧ less