Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
These records of the First United Methodist Church of Lawrence, Kansas, which date from 1877 to 1971, also include records generated under the church's earlier name, the First Methodist Episcopal Church of Lawrence. Included are records of church finances, members, marriages, funerals, baptisms, conferences, activities of the church's Loyal Ladies Class, its Epworth League of junior members, and special events in the church's history.
Frederick Eggert gift acceptance speech by the Board of Trustees, First Methodist Church, Lawrence, Kansas.
Typescript of a speech by William F. March, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, First Methodist Church of Lawrence, Kansas, May 20, 1920, accepting a gift from the estate of Frederick Eggert which established the Frederick Eggert Memorial Fund.
Manifesto: read to the congregation of the First Methodist Church in Lawrence, Kansas, May 10, 1970, by the Coordinating Committee for the Black Community (Bryce Rivers, Chairman),
Photocopy of a 3-page manifesto read to the congregation of the First United Methodist Church (Lawrence, Kansas) on Sunday, May 10, 1970, by Bryce Rivers, Chairman, Coordinating Committee for the Black Community. Alleging the church's world-wide exploitation of African Americans, the manifesto demands payment of $75,000 in reparations for Lawrence's 3,000 African American residents.
- Names: First United Methodist Church (Lawrence, Kan.) X
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- High school students -- Kansas -- Erie 1
- High school students -- Kansas -- Stockton 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Church history 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Race relations 1
- Teachers -- Kansas 1 ∧ less
- Coordinating Committee for the Black Community (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Eggert, Frederick, 1843-1918 1
- First Methodist Episcopal Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Haskell Institute 1
- March, William F., 1855- 1